1969 Cuda hood scoops placement

-
If you have a real '69 hood there are 2 hole notches towards the rear and 2 holes towards the front of the hood on the underside frame work, for each scoop.

My body man said there were notches in the back that he could use to get them "close" but did not mention ones in the front. Not sure how close those put them to correct but guess it's not too far out? I never knew they were there.

these are the only "hood scoops" that were available on a 69 barracuda. they were on cars with the "A56" option package and the special build "M-Code" barracudas.

Attachments

• 69 light blue formula s 2 (640x480) (2).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 869
Here's a pic....Hope it helps :cheers:

Attachments

• P1110081.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 735
That would help too, hood is 3 hours away from me at this time. I don't know if they are self aligning due to where the notches for the holes are. Was hoping for measurements such as " front 2 holes for LH scoop are 35" from front edge of hood and left side holes are 6" from left side of hood". Thanks all and especially BB-Dave.

Sorry, it's been a while since I looked under a hood!!!!! The holes thru the under frame are at the back side, then there is 1 notch, and the 4th hole is only thru the single layer of the hood.

Attachments

• 20160401_095050.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 20160401_095101.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 20160401_095403.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 302
If you have the correct '69 hood I would start by drilling the back 2 holes by centering them in the clearance hole thru the frame. Then put scoop on and mark/drill the front 2. Make sure you have the scoops correct left and right.....The left one is an odd part number, the right side is an even number.

BB-Dave, those pics perfectly show how to mount the scoops (yes, my hood is an original 69 hood). Thank you for taking the time to post. By the way, are there gaskets between the hood and the scoops?

Yes there are gaskets, they are a kind of hard plastic. You could buy some flat gasket material and trace out the scoops, then cut out the interior.....I'll post a pic of originals...........

the gasket is 1" wide

Attachments

• 20160401_161912.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 20160401_161934.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 256
That scoop is off my X9 (black) 340 auto notch 'cuda 1 of 30 built!!!!!

Nice, could only wish mine was a real Cuda-mine is just a 318 fastback that I've owned since 1980. Just now undergoing a restomod with all new everything and wanted Cuda scoops on it but am going to make them functional and paint them body color (but I do want them in the correct location ). Blasphemy, I know, but it's what I want.

Nice, could only wish mine was a real Cuda-mine is just a 318 fastback that I've owned since 1980. Just now undergoing a restomod with all new everything and wanted Cuda scoops on it but am going to make them functional and paint them body color (but I do want them in the correct location ). Blasphemy, I know, but it's what I want.

That's cool!!! You've owned sine 1980!! Would like to see pics sometime!! What color are you going with? Interior?

It was T7 bronze with black interior and she's going back that way, not decided if dual black side pinstripes are going back but I think so. Car was not a driver since 1983 or so but was sitting rust free in a garage- but went under salt water in Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Probably really wasn't worth saving but is sentimental to me. Finishing metal replacement in a shop now . Still a long way from being finished.

It's not really a gasket per se. It's an injection molded piece. Hard plastic. But 47 years later who knows ?

It's not really a gasket per se. It's an injection molded piece. Hard plastic. But 47 years later who knows ?

Probably true, but 47 years later I have NOT seen a single one that didn't shrink and has spits/cracks at the holes. I would us a gasket material to keep water out from under the scoops........water = rust..........

It was T7 bronze with black interior and she's going back that way, not decided if dual black side pinstripes are going back but I think so. Car was not a driver since 1983 or so but was sitting rust free in a garage- but went under salt water in Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Probably really wasn't worth saving but is sentimental to me. Finishing metal replacement in a shop now . Still a long way from being finished.

T7 is a COOL and RARE color to see!!!!!!!!
Black accent stripes on the T7 would be nice!!

Here are some numbers, I have 2 of these hoods and both are the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 269
Yes that is the hood,good eyes. I bought a ton of parts from the guy that bought that car a couple years ago. My 69 formula s console 4 speed car is b5 blue also ,going with the patina look on this one so going to run that hood. Just got my seats back from getting new foam and covers Sunday. The race dart has consumed all my spare time as of late. Now dart

-
Back