1969 Cuda Notchback

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
So if you have seen the thread, I have recently acquired a 1969 Cuda that needs some body issues addressed. Paint is a sloggy sloppy mess and there are some bodywork issues that will need to be addressed.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=97411

I am working on getting some pictures posted (when I figure that one out), and wanted some input from individuals who are MUCH more experienced than me (first muscle car) what I should do first?

The body stuff is pretty much off the table for the moment, but the car runs, drives and stops. Just got it registered in my name.

I have put together a letter to the former owner for anymore history that he may provide. It is supposedly 1 of 68 based upon the VIN and here are the stats that I know, and the ebay auction is pretty accurate with description, VIN, and some pics since I know

:worthles:

340, stock manifold, AVS carb, X heads, 4 speed, 8.75" rear with supposedly a 3.23 gear (have not checked if it has a Sure Grip yet).
drum brakes at all four corners (there is something fishy with the rears since they lock before the fronts), 14 inch wheels with dog dish caps.

Interior is recently replaced/restored and it seems the previous owner took care of things that were within his budget and comfort level.

Driven the car about 20 miles. Nothing jumps out at me. Holds a steady idle once warm, starts after a couple pumps of the gas and a turn of the key when cold. No funky noises, no smoke, no prob.

I can perform quite a bit mechanically and have access to a lift (military auto hobby shop). I just wanted to say that I love this site, the members are great, and I am looking forward to posting some pics and maintaining a long relationship with the knowledge base on this site. (I will pay to be a Gold Member after I buy some parts).

Shane

Those 4 wheel drum brakes usually work pretty well as long they are adjusted properly. I was watching that car on ebay. Its a great start and a car thats well worth investing time and money. I had a very similar 69-340s that I sold a while back. I keep posting pictures of it, expecting someone to recognize it here on FABO. Good luck with it and please post some pictures as you go.

This was my red 69 340 Notch...

hpqscan0001.jpg

-
Back