1969 Dart 408 Stroker Build

-

69Drt

Reaction score
I've had the Dart for a little over a year now and the time has come to swap out the ol' /6 for some balls to wall power! Here's the low-down - She's getting a 360 small block, Eagle 4" stroke crank, 30 over KB pistons, SIR Eagle Rods, Precision balanced, Comp Cams & Hydraulic lifter set, 2 Row H/D Timing Set & Dart heads. New (rebuilt) 8 3/4" rear end w/ 4:10 gears, custom built Holley 750 Dbl. Pumper & disc brake conversion up front.

I must admit that I'm a complete newb to carb'd motors, so please keep that in mind. I'm doing my best to learn and absorb as much info as I can during this (slow and steady) process. I'm not a newb to speed and hp though, I was just born a couple generations late ;) I grew up racing around the Detroit metro area and tracks like Milan & Lapeer.

My tools, knowledge & garage space here in Denver wouldn't allow me to do this swap on my own. Thankfully, I found a local shop who was willing to barter my website services in exchange for the motor swap (with some cash on top of coarse). The owner is a mopar fan and has done work for me in the past, and builds high performance motors for some of the Dodge dealers around the Denver area. They seem very honest and trustworthy. I'll be taking the Dart in Friday night and they will begin the swap this weekend!

I'm being told the build spec for this motor should put out about 500hp or so. Does that seem about right based on what you know (without knowing all the details about the build)?

I'll be there during the build helping out, I'll be sure to take pics and update this thread once we get underway this weekend. Looking forward to this, it's been over 10 years since I gave up speed for champagne powder here in the rockies. Happy to be getting back to my roots!

-
Back