1969 Dart Build

-

DJOHAGIN

Reaction score
Guys,

I am doing research on building a GTS 383 4-Speed build with my sons. When this project is finished, it will have little left in original parts, i.e., different stroker B-motor, G-Force trans, sub-frame connectors, torque boxes, aftermarket K-member, aftermarket brakes, mini-tubs, CalTracs, Dana 60, fiberglass body parts, different exterior paint color, etc. Does it matter if I start with a slant 6 or small block model body, or does the BB models have items on them that make it better to start with. When finished, we want it to appear like a stock GTS 383 4-Speed car. Thanks.

Dave

It does not matter what body you start with.
Once you stiffen the frame you will be good.

The parts that make them look original will be hard to find. K-member , Engine mounts, BB clutch pedal assembly, Original torque boxes not the after market, Console and shifter, Radiator, Z-bar, interior GTS door emblems, Manifolds,

Of course you can just add all the decals and emblems including the trunk panel. But you will not hide the fact that it will be a clone without all the parts listed. Data plate will als be the dead give away. Much easier to make a 68 Hemi dart clone. They came with nothing , Not even a data plate. Hemi, glass hood and fenders, 18 spline and a Dana.

After all of the work you'll do you'll find a stroker 340 GTS will eat that BB up. Those BB a-bodies just had to much nose weight.

-
Back