-
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldodge

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is my 1969 Dodge Dart GT, ( titled as 1968 ) 225 Slant Six, Automatic on the floor, Sure Grip Rear, Bucket Seats, Console. Nice interior with non-factory after-market vinyl upholstery and nice carpeting. A couple small mouse holes in headliner. Green with black vinyl top. 7X,*** original miles. Battery replaced in last year along with rear coil-over shocks, rear wheel cylinders and rear brake lining. Solid body with lower quarters replaced and a re-paint 20+ years ago. Not a factory correct color. Some bubbling here and there, but looks good. (20 footer). This is a nice, drive anywhere, cruise-in, pleasure driver that gets a lot of nice comments. It is not a show car but fits in well and has won a few awards at local shows.. This has been a Pennsylvania car all of its life. The floor is solid but there has been patching done to the left front frame rail, the left rear torsion bar mount and both rear spring hanger attachment points. All amateur work, solid but not professionally done. Also all of the bad sections are available as replacement or patch pieces. My plan 20+ years ago when I got the car was to replace the frame sections to make it look nicer underneath. Instead I just drove it and enjoyed it. I bought a 360 with plans to rebuild it and switch to V8 power but I liked the Slant 6 too much to do it. It has been upgraded to a Super Six manifold and carburetor, but I have the original equipment. I would drive this car anywhere. Currently licensed as an antique and driven occasionally. I also have a 1941 Dodge and finding time for both is a challenge. One should go and the ‘41 holds too much sentimental value to let it go. The pictures of the exterior are from a few fall cruises. The car sits a little higher (1” to 1.5”) in the rear now with the new coil over shocks. Asking price is $4800.00 Clear title in my name. The car is located near Houtzdale, PA zip code 16651. I can take more pictures or supply more information for anyone seriously interested. The best representation of the color is the last picture, the other pics are sort of washed out.

Attachments

• Dart 5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,827
  • Dart 1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,812
  • Dart 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,803
  • Dart 3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,808
  • Dart 4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,793
  • Dart 6.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,751
why is it titled as a 68? is there a VIN issue?

It may have been an early built car in 68, I have seen a few cars that went through the local DMV and titled for the wrong year but the vin was the real year of car..

No VIN issues. Clear title in my name. VIN# and title match. When I questioned it I was told as blewbyu stated that it was probably titled early enough in 1968 that the 1969 designation wasn't available. Not all that uncommon I am told by some older guys.

The VIN is 1969. It was only the state that wasn't ready for 1969 is what I was told. The vin is LP23B9Bxxxxxx. The 9 designates it as a 1969.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back