1969 Dart Interior

-

1969340dart

Reaction score
How many colors of light blue was used on 69 dart Swingers interior.I have a 69 dart swinger 340 car but there is no fender tag.It has all light blue interior and the exterior is light blue also.Someone before me put two racing bucket seats in the front and I want to install a benchseat back in the car and will need to order a seat cover for the seat I have.Also the seat I have has headrest is that normal for a 69 Dart swinger to have headrest.My other 69 dart Swinger does not have them .Was that an option.Any help would be greatly appreciated.We worked on the car all weekend and just about have it ready to run.I was wanting to order a seat cover this week and need to know what to order.The interior in the car is original except for the front seats,and the exterior paint is original except for the drivers fender was replaced and painted to try to match the rest of the paint somewhat.

Bobby

Legendary shows code 351 Light Metallic Blue/Dark Metallic Blue

Headrest color code 330 Dark Metallic Blue

The code numbers may not have anything to do with Dodge. They may be only used by Legendary

Hope this helps

I thought I would let you know that two styles of interior were available on the 69 Dart Swinger. A standard vinyl bench seat and a deluxe bench seat interior. Really, the deluxe was not all that deluxe. The base standard vinyl interior in the two tone blue had no stiching in the seat and back area, only where the two colors of vinyl came together The standard vinyl is pretty plain with only grooves cast into the vinyl, and they are very tightly cast small grooves the whole way across the seat bottom, and seat back. The deluxe interior was also two tone in the blue, but in the seat and back area stiching was present approx. every 2 inches or so the whole way across the seat, making small type pleats. I have a Dodge Dealer color and vinyl fabric album for all 69 dodges. I will photograph the two Dart Swinger interiors and get the on this thread. Also the head rests were and option up until Jan 1st. 1969. This was the date that the Federal Gov. made this law and all cars produced from that date on had to have front seat headrests.

Click on my profile, and look at my interior pics. That is the black deluxe interior. The base standard interior is more plain looking in the seat area. IE. were your rump goes.

Hope these are o.k.

Copy of HPIM0320.JPG

Copy of HPIM0322.JPG

Copy of HPIM0323.JPG

OK, I am not having any luck with my camera! Guess I am to OLD for all thisnew technology! Most of the time it gives me a headache! LOL My BLACK 69 340 Swinger looks like your front seat exactly.But the blue car is different! And the rear seat looks to be original for the car.I removed the seat today and there three aluminum tags with the same info an all 3.The tags read as follows!

2858375 L
LSI M 13685 3340

Does anyone have the capabilities to decode this tag.I will describe the rear seat.It is dark and light blue,the grain for the light and dark are different.The area that is dark blue is the part you sit and lean back on and has sewn pleats. the light blue is a strip approx 10" right down the middle of the back seat all the way to thebottom part of the seat seperating the darker blue area.also the very outside edges of the upper seat are light blue as is the bottom seat,also the bottom seat is light blue around the bottom edge.Then on the top back seat where your back would rest against there are 2 medalions about 2" long on each section of dark blue material! Also the door panels on each side and the inside quarter panels are light blue.The painted surface of the doors and inside quarters is a darker blue,dash pad is a darker blue.Exterior of the car is a light metalic blue.Again all the paint looks to be original except for the front fender on the driver side.I am going to try to get someone take some pics and get them posted.I am probably confusing the hell out of people reading this.Also the carpet was original and it was a dark blue. Car still retains the original white swinger stripe around the tail section. I am hoping someone will know something about the aluminum tag.

Thanks

Bobby Dodson

I have the pictures on my computer but am having trouble trying to post them.If I e mail them to someone could you post them.I would really like to get the correct seat cover ordered so I can finish the car up.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bobby

hey thanks chasb. i love your dart. make your pics bigger so we can see them better. too nice of a car to strain your eyes on. pm sent

The two blue samples are show above in the pics. The upper in the base interior. The lower is the deluxe with the sew pleated area.

-
Back