1969 Dart Pro touring daily driver **Crashed**

-
For a while after the crash I was not sure if I was going to fix the car and I didn't know much about wheel repair, I assumed the two damaged wheels were scrap so I sent one to Ireland to serve as my garden hose holder for the past two years.

After learning that repairing wheels is normal I sent the other wheel from Sweden to bring both to a local Irish shop (luckily things can be sent for free forth and back with work).

I should have taken better photos but both wheels were dented and one had horrible gouges. The repair shop did a great job welding and straightening though, I was yet again very pleasantly surprised with the bill which came to 200EUR! Replacing the two wheels (US Rambler mags) after all the shipping, VAT and customs in Europe would have cost 900EUR. They just need to be wet sanded and polished but its something to worry about down the line.

I also found a old photo pre crash showing the car and wheels before all the damage.

IMG_20240210_102447.jpg

IMG_20240210_091725.jpg

IMG_20240225_140206.jpg

IMG_20240225_140402.jpg

AAA Dart pre crash.JPG

Wow. Just stumbled across this thread today and read it from the beginning to end. Great job not giving up on this and keeping this build going. Looks like you should be able to finally start enjoying the car soon. Looking forward to seeing the car completed.

-
Back