1969 Dart Swinger project

-

RCK850

Reaction score
This is my current project. My goal is to clone this into what my dad's swinger looked like in 1969 on the outside. It will be F6 green, black vinyl top, black interior, 4 speed. underneath is where I will deviate from stock, I will be going W5 stroker, Dana, cal-tracs, springs moved in, but from 10-20 feet and the hood closed you'll think your looking at a stock restoration.
Dad's car circa 1969
dd.jpg

beginning
dartfront.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

As of yesterday
020.jpg

021.jpg

024.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

Looks good. Lots of work ahead of you though. Just keep at it and before you know it you will be driving a sweet machine...

Thanks guys. BTW if you look closely in the pic of my dads car it has factory hood pins. Now all I need to do is when I get the car back figure out how to attach all of the vinyl top trim to a car that never had a vinyl top

Just a slight update! AMD quarter has arrived and the old quarter is off. new quarter hasn't been fitted yet though.
002.jpg

AMD quarter is on! The wheel wells have been rolled now the body just needs finished up. Work is going to start on July. Unfortunately I couldn't get in to the door jamb area to take pics. Enjoy
012.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020-1.jpg

Nice work! Looks like you boxed in the spring perches and put sub frame connectors in.

I wonder if they make the sub frame connectors for my convertible. I have been planning on making my own, but those look sweet.

Small update. The motor part has finally started. I picked up these never run W5 heads. They have already been worked on by a reputable person but I think I'm still gonna send them out and have them checked and see what kinda motor I can get out of these things.
001-3.jpg

002.jpg

003-2.jpg

008.jpg

006-2.jpg

Wow, your doing a great job! Love F6 Green! I could use some of your tan interior parts if your not going to use them.
thanks!
Dave

looks great. did you have any trouble spots with your amd quarter? i had to nip and tuck mine in a couple spots.

Well the car is cut in and I have paint on the interior, door/trunk jambs, and the engine bay. The body work is complete and now it's time to fit and assemble some stuff before I send it off to be rhino lined underneath. After that it's time for paint!
8.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

9.jpg

Finally was able to get the car out to Line-X. Now it's time to assemble the Alterkation front end and it will be off the rotisserie.

010-2.jpg

009-1.jpg
005-4.jpg

very nice work man! my vision for my dart is very similar to what you are doing. absolutely love it!!!!
subscribed

Got most of the front end together. I have to wait on the eccentric bolts, I didn't know they weren't in the kit. Steering and brakes are next then onto the rear.

004-1.jpg

001-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

-
Back