1969 DART Trunk Emblem

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim-
Keep your eye on eBay buddy. They show up from time to time, and last one I was following went for about $30!
Can't wait to see your car!

George

Jim-
Keep your eye on eBay buddy. They show up from time to time, and last one I was following went for about $30!
Can't wait to see your car!

George

Thanks George,
Fired the beast on Memorial Day! Finally figured out my header problems. Got a junkyard z-bar and modified the inboard arm moving it about 1/2 inch inward. That paired with a Denso mini from Mancini provided enough clearance and the whole thing went back together smoothly. Started up the 340 with open headers and ran for 25 minuted at 2000 - 2500. To my surprise I got no bluing at all, ceramic coated Doug's. Anyhow the engine ran perfectly and sounded real nice. Shut it down for about 30 minutes then started it up and timed it (pretty far advanced, running a bigger cam than stock). Then I changed the oil and filter. Now I'll be welding up the exhaust (got a cheap one from Summit) then will move on to the interior. What a great feeling! I feel like I'm over a major hurdle. I have some pics of the firing that I'll post on my gallery as soon as I can. Thanks for the emblem advice! I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Stay Well,
Jim.

I need one also. Mines kind of pitted. Someone needs to repop for us, or maybe they already do.

Hiya MtNemo,
I've been searching for a repop on this emblem and have had no luck. Don't think anyone has gotten around to it yet. But hey! Mopar Muscle just came out with an issue declaring the rise of A-Bodies (like we already knew) so I'm hoping we get some more repop parts opportunities in the near future. I'll let you know if I find a good source for this type of stuff.
Jim.

Great to hear it Jim!
You couldn't have picked a better day either for the first fire.
Glad you got the header figured out. I need a set of front pipes for my car with manifolds. Does Summit sell these?

Can't wait to see your ride dude! Keep up the good work.

George

I might have one, can you post a pic of what it looks like and if it has pegs on the back and the size of the spacing between them?

The one I have says"DODGE" and is 6 5/8 inches long with three pegs on the back. The first peg ison the lower corner of the "D", the next peg is 2 1/2 inches away from the first peg and is on the side of the "O" and the third peg is 3 inches away from the second peg and is on the lower corner of the "E".

I might have one, can you post a pic of what it looks like and if it has pegs on the back and the size of the spacing between them?

The one I have says"DODGE" and is 6 5/8 inches long with three pegs on the back. The first peg ison the lower corner of the "D", the next peg is 2 1/2 inches away from the first peg and is on the side of the "O" and the third peg is 3 inches away from the second peg and is on the lower corner of the "E".

Thanks but the one your describing sounds like the hood emblem. The trunk is a bit larger and has only two pegs on the back. Thanks for the reply.
Jim.

Great to hear it Jim!
You couldn't have picked a better day either for the first fire.
Glad you got the header figured out. I need a set of front pipes for my car with manifolds. Does Summit sell these?

Can't wait to see your ride dude! Keep up the good work.

George

Hi George,
Yep, we are getting closer to that cruise down to Trumbull. Re: exhaust, I'm not sure as all my searching went into header friendly parts. Mopar muscle is loaded with stuff like that (mostly near the back). I'm certain somebody sells what you're looking for, maybe even local. There's a guy in Manchester (Brian) that has a company called Connecticut Restorations (I think). I'll PM you his info. This guy has been a life saver and would definately know where to find what you need. Hoping all is well with you and your family.
Stay Well,
Jim

Thanks Jim.
So far I bought 2 items from Bryon, and although he's a great guy, both things were wrong for my car. Neither the front bumper guards or the 727 inspection cover fit my car. Its 140 mile round trip drive so returning that way is out. I also don't feel I should be hit with the return shipping either as neither time it was my fault, and I'm too ashamed to ask him to flip for it.
Lessons learned I guess.
Anyway, I might drive the car to a local exhaust shop and have the front pipes made. I have the over axle pipes, I just need head pipes and mufflers.

Looking forward to that visit!

Hope you have been well also,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back