1969 dart Which stripe?

-

Hoogs69dart

Reaction score
Just picked up a 1969 dart custom. I wanted to stick to the factory colors. Had B5 for a body color and says V8W for the the traverse stripe. I know it's white but what stripe would have been on a dart custom ?

I am not aware that the 1969 Dart Custom came with any stripe. The GTS and Swinger models had tail stripes, but not any of the other models. Someone with more experience might be able to say what a "traverse" stripe is.

How would I know if it's a custom or something else. It has the custom emblems on the roof pillar and the trunk has the thin dodge panel or trim whichever it's called, that I thought was on the custom. Not sure who all did what to it in the past.

image.jpg
Here's mine '69 Swinger 440/6 Pack

The codes you mention are on the fender tag?

"Transverse stripe" is the bumblebee stripe on the tail, like on a GTS or swinger.

Yeah its on the fender tag says V8W. Seen something online about the bumblebee stripe was a different code but I don't know for sure. Just curious what she looked like new. I'm been thinking more about painting it B5 blue. And if I do want to match the stripe.

-
Back