1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
Yea man wife has a baby shower. So I'll at Kansas star too

Got a swivel thermo housing to fix the blower clearance probs. it's off a Chevy but still fit. No one makes a rubber hose so I got these stainless ones u bend and cut yourself. Turned out ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 409
Made 6an lines for the trans and squeezed the lower rad hose in there. Had to shave the rubber out from the inside to make it work. You can see from the last post how close them bacteria were.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 440
Also got a flex light oil sandwich. My old man mad the mini radiator. So I used the left over 6an hose and hooked it up as a oil cooler.

Anything I can do to help keep this guy cool the better. THe guy I got the blower from days don't use a thermostat. Be cool says you do need one. Or at least a restrictor plate. So I'm stuck in a had place. Think I'll go with out one and then if it starts to cook I'll start adding plates up to a thermostat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 416
Txmanth your build is looking good. Fyi I am in the middle of making a dash just like yours and if you plan to recess those gages bring a sack lunch or a ton of beer. Those holes and the angles will start messing with you mind.

Hell yea man. Ok the head ake that's ahead. My old man is a machinist I think I may just have him do it. But in any case I'll post how I hook em up so many between the two of us we can have a quick easy process and some good looking dashes

Building to gauge panel with my friend. The bulk of the gauges are laying flat on the dash so they were quick to put in the tach and speedo need to be elevated off the face of the dash. So that's what that pvc pipe is for I'll mount the gauges inside that.

How to cut a pertict circle in the weird angle .... I haven't figured out yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 403
Filled the raideator with fluid just cuz. Plugged in all the temp sensors and hoses. So I figured water was better than air so I filled it up. Only got one gallon of prestone. Thank god I did. Because there was a damn freez plug missing out of the right side and all that fluid was on the gerage floor:violent1: but got s nice brass one in there now😊

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 371
The nss and reverse switch inside the quarter stick work 😃😄😀😀. So much easyer wiring them up then wrestling with the dam switch in the tranny. O and I'm using the trigger button on the shifter for the line lock. I'll keep extra wire on it incase I upgrade to a transbrake. But I don't see my self being that big of a racer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 367
Not sure if it's cool or looks like a ricer. But I got everything to bolt the headlights and grill on. Does it look retry good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 372
Step one make a cardboard template of the dash and lay it flat so you don't have the bend in he middle.

Step two trace the gauge pod and locate the bottom 1/4 on the bottom of the dash that is flat when facing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 352
Step thee Andre the dash insert to match the natural dash angle and trace the circle there on the top 3/4 of where the gauge pod is supposed to be

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 336
Step 4 the resultant angle and tracing takes into account the natural angle of the dash and the 4" gauge pvc pipe and it passes through the dash at the correct stance to be viewed from the driver seat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 364
That's how it looks in the dash

Attachments

• image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 337
Tada

Attachments

• image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 309
The he'll with these angles!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 340
Also got a flex light oil sandwich. My old man mad the mini radiator. So I used the left over 6an hose and hooked it up as a oil cooler.

Anything I can do to help keep this guy cool the better. THe guy I got the blower from days don't use a thermostat. Be cool says you do need one. Or at least a restrictor plate. So I'm stuck in a had place. Think I'll go with out one and then if it starts to cook I'll start adding plates up to a thermostat.

The restriction can be in the upper hose if you need some to keep liquid rather than steam in the heads.

The he'll with these angles!!!!

That's exactly why I did a flat dash lol. I knew it would be a lot of work, but it will look better recessed. Coming along nicely man!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh😡😡😡😡😡😖😖😖😖

Angles!!!!! Your killing me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 323
Ok scrap everything I said. I figured it out. Go to block layer.com there is a calculator that allows you to print templates of everything to build a house. One thing in there is cutting holes In a roof. Tell the calc what the pitch of the roof is and the size of the pipe and it will spit out a oval to print and trace and cut.

My dash was 30.5 degrees and gauges are 2.5 inches.

Print

Trace

Cut

Install!!!!

Headake over!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 296
O yea the bottom angle is 36 degrees.

Installed back into dash. And used locktite super strength 8x hold to bond them to the sheet metal.

Now just have to wire everything up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 275
I was just getting ready to tell you about the online templates, then I saw that you found what you needed. We use a different site at work, but it's all the same info. Good job !!!!!

told you....lol.... I spent the bulk of my day ditching my attempt at the multi angle dash and went with a flat one. I will create the stock style overhang in vinyl covered foam and call it good.
props on getting your finished.

For real bro! But since I got that sight and printed the ovals. It was smooth sailing. All I got left is to cover it in leather and make the final connections

More pix to come tomorrow when I got the glue dry and the lights connected

-
Back