1969 dodge dart roller, whats it worth?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Dart SC. I'm not an expert on Mopar's [Ima chevy dude...but learning alot here on the forums] but I'm pretty nice with flipping cars hahaha. In my *humble* opinion...I think you can get what you want out of the car but your going about it the wrong way.

In this economy...people almost expect YOU to pay them to buy your car. As insane as it may be...people expect black friday prices all day everyday. I know your targeting that mopar guy who has a drivetrain and 3rd member ready to go but the reality is...that guy already has 2 or 3 projects going. If there a car slut like me they'll consider another project...but only for a steal.

Your car would be perfect for a part time enthusiast who just wants to be able to get in, turn the key, drive, and look badass lol. Part timer's will pay a *premium* for not having to do any work to the car. Alot of the car's i turn around are to guys who just dont have the time, knowledge, or desire to drop an entire drivetrain and rearend. By removing the hard mechanical part out of the equation...you leave the paint, interior, and accesories...which most part time regular dudes can wrap thier head around lol

While this idea may suck and involve you doing additional work [which is a PITA especially when you just want the car ghost]...I'd stab the drivetrain and rear back into the car and get her running again. THENNNNNN...i'd try and trade it for the power wagon of your choice thats comparable to your dart. People are short on money...but thiers no shortage of guys who have cars they've invested in who want to swap out for something different.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers mate : )

Joe

6 bids..almost 1K...

I agree with Joe..slap a 360/trans and she will sell much faster as a runner...and you can keep the rear sneakers..

Ian. .

Well,
being worth it and actually finding someone to cough up that much money is another story..but thanks for the hope.
Ebay update: $1125 and holding....it doesnt look good for my $3000 estimate but there is time remaining in the auction. If it ends up too low I will find a mild 440 and trans as someone suggested and see how that helps.

while i am not downing the car, but 5-7k without drivetrain? what are you guys smoking?lmao nah, just kidding bout that.
but back to the price. alot of people look at it this way. if they pay 5k for it, and then another 5k into engine/trans/3rd member, then that is 10k, for not much more, they can buy a nice already done one. i would say in the economy 3500-4 grand tops.
Ya, but you could part it out, and get 5-7 easy. :D (sorry)

I do agree with Wally, 7 G's up here, all day long.

Well,
being worth it and actually finding someone to cough up that much money is another story..but thanks for the hope.
Ebay update: $1125 and holding....it doesnt look good for my $3000 estimate but there is time remaining in the auction. If it ends up too low I will find a mild 440 and trans as someone suggested and see how that helps.

I have a plug in brand new 408 that would raise the value.. :D

Ebay Update: $3450!
I dont know where to draw the line, when is it enough to accept and feel ok about? I imagine that even if I got $10,000 for it I would feel a little sick when it got loaded onto the flat bed and hauled away. Im looking forward to sticking my 440 in a 56' power wagon and putting straight up stacks on it but still, the Dart is cool.

Steve Miller would say...Gooooo onnnnnnnnnn...take the money and run:rr:

I checked out your bid history and you have a gang of zero feedback bidders with who've changed thier identies within the past 30 days (shown by a lil yellow face next to name). There's gangs of fake bidders who rove ebay boosting up bids with no intentions of paying. They win then hit you with the "Hey i lost my job...I wont be able to pay...sorry." Ask me how i know.

Keep the auction clean...delete all thos fugazi zero feedback bidders. It turns real bidders off :hello1:

I'm sure you know that you could lower the reserve, but that wouldn't obligate the high bidder to buy it unless he bid after you lowered the reserve. So many games on ebay it's sucks. But you can usually spot the games from a mile away.

4050 and climbing, Noticed you posted you'd put the rear back in if it goes over 4500, Are you gonna sell it if it goes past 4500 ? GOOD luck

WHOA ...5 GRAND ..been busy doing Christmas stuff and didn't get to follow thread ..thought 3 grand was a good place to start negotiations ..need to boo$t my bankroll ....very nice car ..... I miss my A-body

well, if you were looking to sell, 5 k is wonderful money for a roller in this economy!. so, i hope you plan to keep it, as i am suoprised it went that high. not that there is anything bad about the car, just the economy

Well, the car hit $5000 and the auction ended. I have contacted the two high bidders, one fell off the face of the earth, I believe his wife may have put the kabash on it because he said he needed to clear it with her first, never a good sign! The second gentleman said he would take it for $5000 and I am awaiting a call back...we'll see.

Accepting all reasonable offers at this time..........please be serious with funds available...I had a bidder on ebay end up being 15 years old and he was hoping he would get enough birthday money to buy it! Its nice to know not all of our youth has been sucked into imports.

I hate freakin pikers...Hope you filed a non paying bidders report. This time around...change the restrictions and dont allow anyone with lower then a positive 15 feedback to bid on the car. Helps keep the scabs at bay : )

Good luck man...really nice car. Should go this time around. People got christmas money to spend

Thanks,

This really helps me out a lot. I suppose Im hoping there is a guy out there with all the parts in his garage hoping a little Dart shows up on here, not so much the guy that says "damn, Id have to get an engine, trans, and 3rd member!!".

The big question is...do I want to sell it for any price?
I appreciate everyones input and now with that in mind will think.

I am helping my friend out that owns a transmission shop. He has right now a 505, a 451 three 440s and....oh did I say he owns a transmission shop? He has so many parts he could probably build ten drive trains with parts left over......but he wouldn't give 5K for that car. Not that it's not really nice, because it is. It's just not a 5K car not running.

So let me get this straight, and no Im not being a smart ***, it doesnt matter how many parts you dump into the body, if it doesnt start up and drive its not worth as much? Really? Add up the cost of cal-tracs, frame ties, mini tubs, new tires and rims, headers, exhaust system, new springs, inboard kits, and new shocks....not to say thats all, the fuel cell, fuel pump, regulator, full guage set......and see what you come up with. Now figure in the cost of a 69 Dart body, good glass, solid straight body, fiberglass fenders and hood....and you cant get near 5k? That seems a little odd seeings as Ive seen some pretty rusty shells for 3K. I beg to differ, hey its America! Forget it, Im pulling the aluminum radiator and using it to brew some moonshine!! People do want it to be black friday all year round. You guys are awsome though, tons of things to think about and consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back