1969 Hemi Coronet R/T

-

66valiant273Sig

Valiant Man
Reaction score
This is my latest build, consists of mostly resin parts mated with a AMT 69 GTX donor kit. The Body, Hood, Tires, Complete interior tub including the dashboard seats and etc. Front bumper, Front grill and insert, Rear bumper, Tail lights and Bezels are all from Resin. The rest is the Amt donor kit. Hard to tell in the pics but it is painted Q5. Has full engine plumbing and the frame is detailed to look like a factory unibody overspray job.

Attachments

• 101_4543.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 101_4544.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 101_4545.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 101_4546.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 101_4547.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 291
  • 101_4548.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 101_4549.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 101_4552.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 101_4553.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 101_4554.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 285
I bought one for 400 bucks in 78. 440 motor replaced the blown hemi. They did not make many, under 100 if I recall. The day I bought it, Danny Friel drove it over a curb and totaled it. Your beautiful model makes me want to cry.

How many hours goes into building one to that detail? I've built dozens of model cars when I was younger, but NONE of them were that nice.

Body color recall wheels. Nice.

I bought one for 400 bucks in 78. 440 motor replaced the blown hemi. They did not make many, under 100 if I recall. The day I bought it, Danny Friel drove it over a curb and totaled it. Your beautiful model makes me want to cry.

Ouch! That's really unfortunate, very true about not many were built. It was sometimes difficult to find different pictures for reference. What color was yours?

How many hours goes into building one to that detail? I've built dozens of model cars when I was younger, but NONE of them were that nice.

Thank you, I usually will put anywhere from 2 weeks to several months of time on a build. Depending on the build. This one I had started back in March and worked daily on it till around April. At that point I had the Interior completely built and detailed, the body painted cleared and buffed with 80% of the chrome foil done. The wheels were detailed at that point as wheel as the main chassis assembly minus the engine, exhaust and driveshaft. I then Picked it back up here in there in the months to come leaving just the engine bay and final assembly which I then picked up and did In a 2 week power build.

That's a very nice build mate, love the color too.

Thanks about the color, was one of the reasons why I wanted to build a 69 coronet R/T. Originally I wanted to go with the White and Black interior but deemed it too difficult to make look clean.

I've got a 69 Coronet 500 roller with the triple rear panel but the color reminds me of my 68 500... Under the hood anyway...

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Nice model!!!! To answer who asked in time to build......... HOURS, upon hours.......... you ought to see the engine bays I get into...... -The builder of this one knows exactly what I mean by "hours upon hours". Good detail takes time and LOTS of patients.

I've ALWAYS been fond of ANY of the pre '72 Coronets, ANY one of them! R/T, Super Bee 440, etc..... This one is no exception! GREAT work!

My only thing against the 426 Hemi models, "street" version, with the air cleaner seen here, they NEVER include the proper decal that has "426" written in the "H" of the word "HEMI" that goes between the wing nuts on the air cleaner...... GRRRRR

My only thing against the 426 Hemi models, "street" version, with the air cleaner seen here, they NEVER include the proper decal that has "426" written in the "H" of the word "HEMI" that goes between the wing nuts on the air cleaner...... GRRRRR

so take your paint and brush and ad it in...whats another 2 minutes?

Nice model!!!! To answer who asked in time to build......... HOURS, upon hours.......... you ought to see the engine bays I get into...... -The builder of this one knows exactly what I mean by "hours upon hours". Good detail takes time and LOTS of patients.

I've ALWAYS been fond of ANY of the pre '72 Coronets, ANY one of them! R/T, Super Bee 440, etc..... This one is no exception! GREAT work!

The big Hemi call out decal on the air cleaner would only be found on 70 and 71 Hemi motors, that being said there hasn't been a recent 70 or 71 non shaker factory Stock Hemi Mopar model even made. The 66 to 67 you would find the little square 426 hemi decal towards the front of the Air cleaner which is in the Revell 67 charger and 67 GTX kits. In 68 and 69 non air grabber cars you would find 426 hemi head half round decal that was on the edge of the chrome round air cleaner. That decal can be found in many Amt and Revell kits. On an Air Grabber in 69 it would just be a Hemi orange painted lid, which most had a little yellow and orange mopar air filter sticker on them. If you are still looking for any of the Hemi decals there are a few places to look, Fred caddy if you can find will have various motor decals depending on what car you are buying for. Keith Marx up in Canada also does very nice decals for many different mopars.

-
Back