Status
Not open for further replies.

VertibleFish

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
FOR SALE: 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible project car

This car has been stripped down to just the body. The front frame rails were shot, so they have been removed. I have an intact set of frame rails, radiator shroud and inner fenders that can be welded back in place. I have a rebuilt and bored over 340ci V8 motor that goes with it (original engine was a slant six); about $2000 of work has been done to the motor alone. I have a majority of the parts for the car in various states of being usable, restore-able or needing replacement. I have an (inoperable) NC Title for the car. NOTE: the pictures in this ad were taken before the frame rails were removed. If you're interested, please take a minute to contact me. It could be a great project car, donor car or something that could be parted out if you want to take the time; I just want it gone. Asking $2500obo.

00q0q_5U6UtDayzxa_600x450.jpg

00p0p_loPzl2nC8sv_600x450.jpg

Here's the information on the engine rebuild:

-The engine was completely disassembled, the block was boiled out with all the soft plugs removed, and the rebuild commenced from there.

-The cylinders were bored .030” over.

-New cam bearings were installed.

-New pistons were installed with new Eagle aluminum rods.

-Either the crankshaft was turned and new main bearings were installed to compensate for that, or the crank was just polished and standard size bearings would have been used.

-Plastigage was used to determine clearance for the main bearings during assembly and were certainly within spec.

-The new pistons were purchased in a configuration that would end up between 9.0 and 9.5 compression ratio when completed.

-I believe the new camshaft was a Crane Cam with specs similar to the 1968 high performance 340 engine. It was not an extreme lift design.

-The heads were redone with all new 2.02” intake valves and 1.60” exhaust valves. All new valve guides were installed with new springs. All rocker arms were replaced with new and hydraulic lifters were supplied along with the new cam.

-A new oil pump and oil pump drive was installed. All new soft plugs, and of course all new gaskets.

-The original intake manifold is cast iron and set up for a Thermoquad Carburetor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back