Not open for further replies.

damraider

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Contact seller
This is the one I pulled from the room . I want to concetrate on the 67 I just got .
318 , four barrel with Edelbrock manifold, brand new $550.00 Dougs Headers , electronic ignition ,8 1/4 rear with 3.23 gears , 904 auto .Console with floor shift , bucket seats , fold down rear . Body is almost perfect but will need paint . Car was parked 5 years ago to fix a couple of small areas in the cowl and door striker area and then paint. I will post better pics tomorrow mourning . $3500.00 . I'm in Alamo ca 94507 .

barracuda6.jpg

barracuda5.jpg

barracuda7.jpg

have the areas been fixed you mentioned. I would be interested in seeing more pics asap. Been looking for one. I am interested in car. Send me a PM.

Anybody that is thinking about buying the 1969 barracuda that damraider has for sale , I am the owner who supposedly died!!!!! I am pretty much alive, and have all the original parts for the car, including the dash with the vin# tag. any questions you can PM ME thanks Bob

More pics , I forgot the grills and frontend at the shop and will have those pics on Monday .

Thanks,

Steve
barracuda040.jpg

barracuda039.jpg

barracuda038.jpg

barracuda037.jpg

barracuda036.jpg

barracuda035.jpg

barracuda034.jpg

barracuda033.jpg

barracuda032.jpg

barracuda031.jpg

barracuda030.jpg

barracuda029.jpg

barracuda028.jpg

barracuda027.jpg

barracuda057-1.jpg

Anybody that is thinking about buying the 1969 barracuda that damraider has for sale , I am the owner who supposedly died!!!!! I am pretty much alive, and have all the original parts for the car, including the dash with the vin# tag. any questions you can call me at 925-989-5023. thanks Bob

Uh Oh! :shock:

Who has the title?

I have the clear title in my name from the lein sale back in Dec 2010. Turns out this guy stored the car at the owners yeard/shop and did not pay his bills . The owner of the shop (who told me it was her Husbands car that had died)put the car up for sale and that's when I bought it and spent all the time getting it out of the building .
The guy was notified at the time of the lein sale as per Calif law and did not respond( he just told me he has lived at the same address for 5 years ) , he then had 40 days after that to question the sale . He called me a couple nights ago and said , "Hey , you have my car" , so I went to the person who did the lein and she said no problem. Then I went to the DMV and asked if I was in the clear , again, they said YES , Steve Dameron owns this car outright . This guy calls me today and says , you should give me back the car for $2000.00 or I will work against you . I tell him I will sell you the car for $3500.00(just about what I have in the deal) and all is good with me . He says no dice , so this is what happens now . I asked him why some one who is storing a car for three years does not non-opt it ( you know he got the notice once a year for the reg from DMV ) , no response .

I got to ask you guys , what makes me the heavy in all of this ?????

Steve

I feel for ya.What I was told when I had purchased a car in the same type situation,The person/persons that have the latest/most recent title and is registered with the dmv or here secretary of state is the legal owner.The only thing this other gentleman can do is harass you and put himself in the wrong legally and morally.I buy cars like this from storage units often and tow yards.I usaually get some paper work of the lien/or abandonment.It sounds like this other gentleman had some unfortunates that allowed this to happen and is unfortunate.At the same time shouldn't deface or belittle someone for taking advantage of a good deal.You would have done it as would I.Being grone men and women on this forum take your lumps and move on.Since you have the original parts for the car work with the new owner and offer to sell the parts to the new purchaser and recover some of your losses and move on.We all have had unfortunate times,don't drag them out and everyone thru them.Don't deface the hobby,we have enough trouble as it is.Its suppose to be about drinking beer with a bud,woriking on ,and bullshittin about them the cars that is.

I have the clear title in my name from the lein sale back in Dec 2010. Turns out this guy stored the car at the owners yeard/shop and did not pay his bills . The owner of the shop (who told me it was her Husbands car that had died)put the car up for sale and that's when I bought it and spent all the time getting it out of the building .
The guy was notified at the time of the lein sale as per Calif law and did not respond( he just told me he has lived at the same address for 5 years ) , he then had 40 days after that to question the sale . He called me a couple nights ago and said , "Hey , you have my car" , so I went to the person who did the lein and she said no problem. Then I went to the DMV and asked if I was in the clear , again, they said YES , Steve Dameron owns this car outright . This guy calls me today and says , you should give me back the car for $2000.00 or I will work against you . I tell him I will sell you the car for $3500.00(just about what I have in the deal) and all is good with me . He says no dice , so this is what happens now . I asked him why some one who is storing a car for three years does not non-opt it ( you know he got the notice once a year for the reg from DMV ) , no response .

Steve

Would've been nice if the woman had been up front about the whole thing in the beginning when she sold you the car. At least then you would be prepared for something like this. If she went through the proper channels then it was a legal sale so there was no reason tp lie about it. It is what it is. Unfortunately, it sounds like the previous owner will have to either buy back the car or try to cover his losses by selling the parts he has to the new owner (or somebody else).

Same sort of thing happened to my brother. The city kept coming down on him about a couple of MGB's he had. They were tagged but non-operable & parked on the street in front of his house. If they didn't move every 72 hours they were at risk of being towed. City finally towed them. Years later he went to look at an MGB that was listed for sale & ended up buying one of his cars back. By then he had moved out of town & had a place to keep it. :mrgreen:

WoW,hope all can be worked out.Sorry to hear the B.S after all you,ve done to get this car.Does the PO realise that you paid for the car and the work to get it out and replace the wall?:disgust:

were his notices sent registered with return receipt? if not what proof is there that he received the notices? i would be leary because he has the dash with the vin tag.
hope you guys can work it out

Does the PO realise that you paid for the car and the work to get it out and replace the wall?:disgust:

He does not seem to care about that , that was the first thing I told him to do was check out the thread on how I got the car . Very frustrating to say the least .

were his notices sent registered with return receipt? if not what proof is there that he received the notices?

According to the lein person ,in Ca, if the vehicle is under $4000.00 just delivery conformation is proof enough ( which she has and since the other guy told me he has not moved he would have clearly received).

Yes ,it would have been nice if the lady would have told me about it being a storage car but I doubt it would have changed my mind .... the car was a good deal ( not great) and I liked the challenge of getting it out of the building .

Steve
that 's bull crap steve, i didnt tell you to give me to give my car back for $2000.00 grand or i will work against you. get your stories straight, just like the one where i died years ago. all i did was ask you too work with me on it, but it looks like you just want to be a dick about it. good luck. that is not the only 69 barracuda on the planet. so for anyone that buys the car, it does need alot of work, the car still has alot of rust and bondo that i didnt get fix. thank god

I am the po and i do know what know what it took, im not asking him to give me the car for free, i just asked him to work with me on it, I am just gonna write it up as a stupid mistake and sell off the parts, the car isnt all that great with all the rust and bondo anyway.

ill tell ya what people, that is a hell of a deal no matter what happens, although mutal understanding would be a plus, but some people just dont get it, its is a true shame!

Why do cars like this suddenly come up after I move out of the Bay Area? Someone is going to get a great project. Good luck on the sale Steve.

that 's bull crap steve, i didnt tell you to give me to give my car back for $2000.00 grand or i will work against you. get your stories straight,

Cmom man ,you know that is what you said , look at your actions ?? About two-three hours after we spoke you put the Craigslist ad out and this post a little later . I would call that working against me right ?? I'm being a dick ? why ? cause I won't give you my hard earned money (in the form of a discount )As far as you died , that is what the seller told me How do I know what is the truth from her ?? I offered to let you have it for what I have into it , a very fair $3500.00 or $3000.00 and I keep the headers . You said no . Never mind the 4 days I spent getting the damn thing ( although I do like a challenge) .

So sell me the other parts and lets move on ,how about that ?

that 's bull crap steve, i didnt tell you to give me to give my car back for $2000.00 grand or i will work against you. get your stories straight, just like the one where i died years ago. all i did was ask you too work with me on it, but it looks like you just want to be a dick about it. good luck. that is not the only 69 barracuda on the planet. so for anyone that buys the car, it does need alot of work, the car still has alot of rust and bondo that i didnt get fix. thank god

$2000.00 grand?!?!? :scratch: That's TWO MILLION DOLLARS!!! :D I would've taken that deal hands down! :thumbup:

You never offered me the car for $3000.00. You kept telling me you will have no problem selling the car for $3500.00. I willow sell you the parts all you had to do was ask. And as far as the reason I posted on craigslist and here was to get rid of the crap for the car that I obviously wont need because I don't have the car. You're the one talking crap about me. I guess it makes you feel better to belittle me. Good luck.

SO, what parts do you have for sale?

sorry, I couldn't resist stirring the pot some.

Well it looks like we may have a solution worked out so stay tuned .....

BTW , I went over every inch of the body and roof with a magnet and I cannot find anything other then metal .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back