1969 Plymouth Valiant 2 door

-
:thumrigh: thumbs up from another post car fan.....bring it back to life! What about the roller cam engine from the first pics? damaged?

greetings from Germany

Michael

not sure what I can salvage from that engine, it was full of water when I got it.

not sure what I can salvage from that engine, it was full of water when I got it.

Ouch! Any chance you can soak the entire engine in diesel before taking it apart? I have found brake caliper pistons come right out after a month sitting in diesel..

pulled the engine, put in the newer k frame and BB disc brake setup and set in the 69 273 2 bbl engine that I had.
The engine sits upside down, covered, outside my garage. Will deal with that later.

Don't worry you will have it looking good one day. I got a 67 I have been working on for a while I mean a while ,but slowly coming together.check out my pics on my profile.Oh ya i might have some parts .cheers and cool ride!

Same here. I also got a 67 & mine is just a stripped shell right now waiting to be reborn out of the ashes or should I say tire smoke!:snakeman:

I love that body style, good luck finding any sheet metal worth using, it's hard to even find those cars and even harder to find parts. But they are sweet and for sure worth restoring.

I know.:wack: I need a passenger side door, quarter & trunk lid for mine too:wack:. But like you said they are DIFFINETLY worth restoring:read2:.

Thanks guys. The problem with that Quarter panel is how many holes are in it and the metal is stretched. Then there are the body lines in front of the wheel well...

At least you have a body line behind the wheel well. My passenger side from door to bumpers smashed, crunched and ding up leaving apsolutly no line at all.:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1: p.s. pretend the guy getting hit is 3 times harder and all the way down the passenger side and you got a pretty good image of my car.:bootysha:

Wow, you're gonna tie MEmike with the amount of smiley's you are using. sent you a PM

Love those Val.
MATS2008002_edited.jpg

shootout035blur.jpg

Just getting back to it, been doing some spring cleanup...dismantling cars, sorting through parts....

Yeah, really hate to do it, but the results are worth it for the next step...SANDBLASTING...yick, well it will be a fun time(I keep telling myself) getting all the doors, fenders, small parts, brackets and such ready for primer.

Hey,340 I got my Valiant in Primer this weekend I was thinking about B-5 Blue also,but who knows it's still early and I change my mind like my briefs.Anyhow I have been watching on here and their is a couple of us doing these cool little sedans.Well keep up the good work and check out my thread I'll update some more pic's.

Yeah, really hate to do it, but the results are worth it for the next step...SANDBLASTING...yick, well it will be a fun time(I keep telling myself) getting all the doors, fenders, small parts, brackets and such ready for primer.

Have fun!:-D

I think the best feature of the Valiants is the tall rectangular tailights.Good thing too cuz thats what you'll be showing the chevies and fords,lol!

A nice rust free replacement fender with the part number still on it. Switching to the 70-71 side marker holes with a light.
4d5db1ba.jpg

-
Back