1969 Plymouth Valiant Signet - $1500

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I now own this car. The ad should have read...needs master cyl., carb rebuilt leaking at acc. pump weep hole, power steering hose replaced and the longer you own it the more you will find on it that needs fixed!!! LOL Oh well ive only got 650 dollars in it (trade value) and Im fixing as I find it and I believe it will make me a decent driver.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,997
Yeah, I paid a lot more for a 65 dart only to have a wheel cylinder go out on me while driving (when else would it go out on you) leaky heater core, rear window leaks into the trunk, no trunk gasket, (the two trunk leaks are unrelated), bent steering wheel, exhaust leak at the manifolds, original carb was rebuilt (acid dipped) now needs tuned badly, runs rich of course, (carb looks great though, almost artificial sitting there). Front end needs to be rebuilt.

46 year old car is going to have something wrong with it. Wasn't expecting all that but....live and learn.

LOL Im sure not complaining as I feel Im still ahead of the game. Its like any old car/truck you never know what you may find and its best if you know how to fix them! I once had a torch on a old fender bolt on a 1953 IH truck and while heating it up I got to thinking about the big map pocket on the inside and if there was any old paper in it. I decided to check and after pulling out some old gloves and papers I reached in the very bottom and pulled out a complete box of paper wrapped 12 gauge shells that was nice a warm from the torch. Needless to say that ended my day right then and there.

Look on craigs again,that guy is parting out that 69 signet with a real nice seat with fold down arm rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back