1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
Took the hood and some parts yesterday to eventually pull the motor............again no clue what I am doing here but learning as I go. Labeling stuff and removing everything carefully.

IMG_6967.JPG

IMG_7006.JPG

IMG_6983.JPG

IMG_7017.JPG

IMG_7038.JPG

IMG_7043.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

Took the hood and some parts yesterday to eventually pull the motor............again no clue what I am doing here but learning as I go. Labeling stuff and removing everything carefully.

View attachment 1716075788

View attachment 1716075790

View attachment 1716075795

View attachment 1716075791

View attachment 1716075792

View attachment 1716075793

View attachment 1716075794
Heck, I would make it run. After you get it lit, you may find it doesn't need a overhaul. May be just a smaller cam to de tune it so you can drive it.

Well as of now is how it sits. I am going to need a lot of help and info from you guy's. I really appreciate all the comments, my wife and I obviously just did not know what a cool car we acquired.

Last edited:
Heck, I would make it run. After you get it lit, you may find it doesn't need a overhaul. May be just a smaller cam to de tune it so you can drive it.
I don't know enough to get it running. FIL's friend said there are some radical race parts in it and not meant for the street. Also like I said I don't know how it was put away. I didn't want to hurt anything internally. I am looking into Hemi builders to tear apart and rebuild to put it back in the car.

Well as of now is how it sits. I am going to need a lot of help and info from you guy's. I really appreciate all the comments, my wife and I obviously just did not know what a cool care we acquired.
Be prepared to get invited to all the mopar shows nationwide for the next few years. There will be Mopar magazines knocking at your door for an article as well. Oh and there will be plenty of people wanting to buy that one from you.

I mentioned the same thing in Welcome Wagon. That's actually funny, I played for a National Signed band that had a song titled that! Nasty Savage. They have had a few bass players die. Richard Bateman being the last. He is the one that helped me into the gig. FN Heart Attack, He Would have Lived, had the county Ambulance started. BAD ALTERNATER. No Bs

Condolences on your families loss. That's a VERY cool car! By the sounds of the FIL, I bet the original 340 is there somewhere. Keep it with the car.
If you can, find a friend that is a gearhead to help you. I would hate for someone to scam you in one way or another...(hemi engine, value etc etc).
Best of luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Unreal story. My condolences for your loss. Any one of us here would be honored to be the steward of that car. Sounds like you feel the same. It is a wonderful representation of race history and clearly a time capsule. Do as little as possible to maintain it and enjoy the hell out of it. And don’t forget to melt the tires off it once in a while.

Unreal story. My condolences for your loss. Any one of us here would be honored to be the steward of that car. Sounds like you feel the same. It is a wonderful representation of race history and clearly a time capsule. Do as little as possible to maintain it and enjoy the hell out of it. And don’t forget to melt the tires off it once in a while.
Absolutely Sir!

Condolences on your families loss. That's a VERY cool car! By the sounds of the FIL, I bet the original 340 is there somewhere. Keep it with the car.
If you can, find a friend that is a gearhead to help you. I would hate for someone to scam you in one way or another...(hemi engine, value etc etc).
Best of luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:
Thank you!

Thank you! :steering:

Ray Barton Racing Engines, Inc.

These guys should be able to get you sorted out. Very well known in hemi world.
Yes Sir, thanks. I gave them a call and talked to Ray, he said they would tear it down, clean and prep everything and rebuild. They are about 9 moths out so no hurry on my part. I am still trying to figure best way to pull motor out?

-
Back