1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
No way, not breaking anything on the bumper :thumbsup:.

I was thinking of wrapping up one of the magazines for her as a Xmas present as she doesn't know about that either but I am just going to wait and not let her know anything until it is completely done.....................
Exactly what I was thinking.

Some more pics I took during the Dyno session. This is the first time I have seen the completed engine. Sean did an outstanding job, really impressed with everything. :thumbsup:

He will do all the final detail work before it goes back in the car.

IMG_9881.JPG

IMG_9883.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9885.JPG

IMG_9886.JPG

IMG_9888.JPG

IMG_9889.JPG

IMG_9890.JPG

Whats that line off the oil pump for?
View attachment 1716179492

External oil supply to the pump. Typically used high rpm applications or for stroker kits if they interfere with the internal pickup. Very common on Hemi’s. I run 2 supply lines on mine. They are hooked to a swinging pickup in the pan that will follow the oil movement on acceleration and de-acceleration.

IMG_0317.jpeg

Looking for a source for Hemi parts pricing. I want to sell the Hemi parts I have and need a source for realistic prices. I don’t want to sell to a parts guy, they want to make money when they resell. If I am going to sell, I want the best money I can get.

Looking for a source for Hemi parts pricing. I want to sell the Hemi parts I have and need a source for realistic prices. I don’t want to sell to a parts guy, they want to make money when they resell. If I am going to sell, I want the best money I can get.
You might have a look at the WIW section on moparts. Depending how many parts you have to sell, you could post a list and get some feedback. What your parts are worth is highly dependent on condition and how much it would cost to re-work them to be useable. Good luck !

You might have a look at the WIW section on moparts. Depending how many parts you have to sell, you could post a list and get some feedback. What your parts are worth is highly dependent on condition and how much it would cost to re-work them to be useable. Good luck !
Thanks, I will check it out:thumbsup:

I have been following and reading this thread/build and figured I'd wait this long until I responded. I just want to say I'm absolutely mesmerized by everything to do with this car. The build , the story , every single part about it. Wishing you all the best and congrats!! I do want to ask about the shifter. I have a 1967 dart with a 340 4 speed. (833) with the 4 speed console and what I call the HURST spaghetti shifter thats all bent so it reaches the driver nicely. I want to put a similar shifter like you have or super shifter , something like that. Does it involve a lot of cutting? does it come close to hitting the dash in 1st and 3rd? Anyone have any information , I really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

-
Back