1969 silver 383 cuda a57 pic. Heavy!!!!

-

SorensonConst.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I started getting things in order for my 69 Cuda 383.
I have been waiting for a long time to start this project. It will be a big one. The car needs everything, LOL!
The car is a 383 auto Fastback Barracuda with the CUDA package. It is the only silver/black 69 CUDA I have seen ??. I rescued the car from the bone yard when I was 22 , Im 39 now, LOL. My vin is a follows. bh29h9b270752. The car is still in its original paint. whats left of it.
I will post pics as soon as I can. Before during and after. I am hoping for a 1 year resto on this car.[-o<[-o<[-o< starting in 4 months. "when the shop is done"

A53 is fendertag for Formula S, A57 is for 69 383 "Cuda" pkg, A56 is code for 69 340"Cuda"
POst them pics!

Pic heavy guys, NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!!!

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,605
  • 015.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,576
  • 022.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,569
more

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 1,546
  • 023.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 1,524
  • 021.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,539
  • 019.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 2,561
more pics

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 024.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,490
  • 018.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,512
That is a great combo, and can't wait to watch the progress. At least a lot of the dis-assembly is already done. :D

Thanks for posting some pics !

Seeing these pics makes me feel both happy and sad ;
Sad that it's in such a state neglect ( by its prior owners , not by you ).
Happy because it's been rescued from certain death ( it's good that it hasn't been repainted ).

Have any pics of its fender tag ? I'm wondering what code the silver was that year ; was it a new-for-'69 colour ( code starting with "E" , as in "EV2" = Tor Red / Hemi Orange ) ?
Also , does it have the coveted Fast-Ratio 16:1 Manual Steering ?

Sadly the fender tag was missing along with the engine and trans The steering is the fast box. I am hoping someone can make me a tag for this car since it has clearly never been painted I think it will be easy to tell the options, It did have a 323 suregrip in it but I used it in another project. I will sure need the help on this project. When I found the car a long while back I sent a vin rubbing to Galen He said it was 1 of 283 made but no one has seen another silver one! I never found the broadcast sheet or registration, the car was in a junk yard for a while.
Thanks for posting some pics !

Seeing these pics makes me feel both happy and sad ;
Sad that it's in such a state neglect ( by its prior owners , not by you ).
Happy because it's been rescued from certain death ( it's good that it hasn't been repainted ).

Have any pics of its fender tag ? I'm wondering what code the silver was that year ; was it a new-for-'69 colour ( code starting with "E" , as in "EV2" = Tor Red / Hemi Orange ) ?
Also , does it have the coveted Fast-Ratio 16:1 Manual Steering ?

Hi guys, I started getting things in order for my 69 Cuda 383.
I have been waiting for a long time to start this project. It will be a big one. The car needs everything, LOL!
The car is a 383 auto Fastback Barracuda with the CUDA package. It is the only silver/black 69 CUDA I have seen ??. I rescued the car from the bone yard when I was 22 , Im 39 now, LOL. My vin is a follows. bh29h9b270752. The car is still in its original paint. whats left of it.
I will post pics as soon as I can. Before during and after. I am hoping for a 1 year resto on this car.[-o<[-o<[-o< starting in 4 months. "when the shop is done"

The idea behind the 69 'cuda package was to make a low cost high performance Barracuda, like the Road Runner. A56 is 340. A57 is 383. A13 is 440.

About 15 years ago I parted out an A4 'cuda340. This silver car I parted was a 340, 4 speed/ 3.55 SG, black deluxe bucket seat interior w/ console/ manual fast ratio steering, and manual disc brakes. 90% of the right rear quarter was torched off, the bottom was severely rusted, and the engine had water in it. After I got it running well enough to drive the 20 miles home, I got 2 stop signs away from my house and the front end went BANG! The T-bar anchor decided to let go because of the severe rust. It was pretty obvious the car had sat outside in a field for a long time and the entire bottom was rusted. I have another long term project 69 A56 4 speed, 340, 3.91, bench seat, rallye dash, manual drum brakes and steering FB but that's another story.

Looks like you need a hood and the little scoops. The deck lid panel should be argent like a standard B-cuda but with black grilles like a Formula S. (the grilles were molded in black, not painted) The scoops are re-popped but the grilles (in argent or black) are extremely scarce. Thay are mostly all plastic and prone to cracking. The stripes and the 'cuda 383 fender call-outs are available.

There used to be an on-line registry for the 69 'cuda cars but it's inactive now. Chrysler Historical said there were 378 total 'cuda 383 FB's built in 69, no breakdown of trannies.

Good luck!!

Was your silver car a special order? I know that silver mopars are not easy to find.
I have the finish panel and it is blacked out in the center? I also pulled the tail lights and some trim of for fear of it being stolen. I have a 70 383 block with the bosses in the front, and the left mount, and one of the exhaust manifolds. also this car had 4 weird full wheel covers in the trunk that have fake holes around the outside?

The idea behind the 69 'cuda package was to make a low cost high performance Barracuda, like the Road Runner. A56 is 340. A57 is 383. A13 is 440.

About 15 years ago I parted out an A4 'cuda340. This silver car I parted was a 340, 4 speed/ 3.55 SG, black deluxe bucket seat interior w/ console/ manual fast ratio steering, and manual disc brakes. 90% of the right rear quarter was torched off, the bottom was severely rusted, and the engine had water in it. After I got it running well enough to drive the 20 miles home, I got 2 stop signs away from my house and the front end went BANG! The T-bar anchor decided to let go because of the severe rust. It was pretty obvious the car had sat outside in a field for a long time and the entire bottom was rusted. I have another long term project 69 A56 4 speed, 340, 3.91, bench seat, rallye dash, manual drum brakes and steering FB but that's another story.

Looks like you need a hood and the little scoops. The deck lid panel should be argent like a standard B-cuda but with black grilles like a Formula S. (the grilles were molded in black, not painted) The scoops are re-popped but the grilles (in argent or black) are extremely scarce. Thay are mostly all plastic and prone to cracking. The stripes and the 'cuda 383 fender call-outs are available.

There used to be an on-line registry for the 69 'cuda cars but it's inactive now. Chrysler Historical said there were 378 total 'cuda 383 FB's built in 69, no breakdown of trannies.

Good luck!!

Lots to think about here and the direction you will take.

Unfortunately with only a vin as documentation you can only prove that it was a 383 car.......

While I have no doubts that it is an A57 car and was/is silver your value potential is limited because of the lack of documentation and drive-train.

I wouldn't worry about rarity of the color, special order or any of that silliness...... Because none of it matters at this point.

Build it how you want it and enjoy.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1969PlymouthDealershipDataBook-01.shtml

:sad9:I wont fix it unless, I can get a fender tag made for the car. As the car sits cant a tag be made? It is untouched.

:sad9:I wont fix it unless, I can get a fender tag made for the car. As the car sits cant a tag be made? It is untouched.

It is possible to get a fender tag for the car. It's abetter chance while the car is untouched. But as 1968FormulaS340 said it's hard to get all the info cause all theparts are not present. You can't find out if the car was a sales bank car, a sold car, special paint code, buffed paint etc. But you can make a tag with the information that can be found on the car. If someone ask it's still a repop tag.

Rear panel should be argent in the center with a fish on the passengers side. Hopefully you have a set of grills becasue they are hard to find and are very expensive. A hood off a '73-'76 Dart will bolt right on and look correct.

Finding someone to make a good , legitimate reproduction fender tag will probably be kind of tough ; but , I believe that Galen has a connection to someone whom will do it righteous .

I know just what wheel covers you're talking about . I think they're a one-year-only , Plymouth-only deal . I really like 'em !

The silver paint may have been either special order ( 999 ) and-or "Spring Silver Special" .

Finding a Rallye Gauge bezel will probably be easier to find for a '69 Barracuda than a '70 - '71 bezel ; '69 was the last year for dashboard ignition .

Couple more pics.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 993
  • 017.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 997
-
Back