Not open for further replies.

dusterdragracer

Drag Racer
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1969 Plymouth Valiant
452 C.I. big block Chrysler (440 RB 60 over)
Mopar steel crank
Eagle I beam rods
Ross pistons
12.5 Compression
Mopar performance oil pump
Custom 8 qt pan
Bulldog aluminum heads (Hughes, same as EZ440)
Ultra dyne 620 flat tappet cam
Crane double springs and retainers
1.7 Hughes roller rockers
M1 intake
1050 Holley DP
Runs on 110 race fuel

MSD 6AL ign. With 2 step
Dedenbear digital delay box
Dedenbear shift by time
Shiftnoid electric shifter
B&M pro Bandit shifter

Barry Grant 400 fuel pump
10 gal Fuel cel
2 new Optima batts in trunk
Auto meter gauges

TTI 2” coated headers
3 ½” race mufflers

JW ultra bell complete ‘Glide
JW 8” 5500 converter
JW transbrake
JW “the wheel” flex plate

9” ford diff. (new 1 season)
Yukon Nodular case
Richmond 4:57 gears
Daytona bearing support
35 spline Moser axels
1320 joints w/billet yoke
11” Ford drums rear
Large pattern front disc

Complete Cal Trac system (new 1 season)
Rancho front shocks
Rancho 9 way adj. Rear shocks
Mono Leafs moved in-board (mini tubbed)
Cal Trac Bars
6 cyl. Front T Bars

Full cage, would cert. to 8:50
Solid front mounts
Mid plate
Poly trans mount

All new Weld wheels and tires
Hoosier 29 X 11.5 W (13 ½”w) X 15”
Rear Hoosiers have another season left

Aluminum cross flow Rad.
Electric pump
Electric fan
Mopar Alt.

This car is super reliable, never runs hot
The way it is wired, everything is automatic
You never touch a switch
Super stable and easy to drive

Last year at Summit series as new car, won a race, runner upped a race
Finished # 5 in points S/Pro

This year Summit won a race; runner upped a race. Finished # 3 in points in S/Pro

Everything on the car is new, or near new. Everything is fresh, needs nothing but new seat belt in the spring
Great paint (decals are removeable)
All new carpet
2 front seats
All steel except hood & bumpers
All glass windows roll up
All lights work
Starts with key
Weights 3079# without driver
Has vin on dash
No title
Sold with Bill of Sale
Could be made to street car easy

Runs 10:70’s @ 121 MPH @ sea level, runs 11:07 @ 120 MPH @ 5000’ easy pass, shift @ 6200

Link to more pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1818250462323.2090885.1421974018&type=1&l=1ff4e99ce7

$15,000.00 O.B.O.

No Trades Thank you

Please NOTE
PM offers or questions
With all due respect, please don't post your comments or opinion about my listing, if you have a comment about the car, PM me personally
Thanks Chris

Attachments

• valiant at scr.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,508
  • valiant at scr2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,509
Might help if you put where the car is located--Steve

would that grill fit on a 68???? I like it--Steve

Might help if you put where the car is located--Steve

would that grill fit on a 68???? I like it--Steve

Northern Idaho......believe it is Post Falls.....a 68 Valiant has 2 small grills.

Have seen Chris's car up close. Car is very clean. Very well executed in regards to how it is put together.

Thanks Steve and Doug, I thought Patatoland ways good enough, made sense to me......LOL
The grill makes it look like (excuse me)... A Nova, but people come up and ask if it's a Ford Fairlane!
If you look up 69 Darts, there were like 635,000 built, look up 69 Valiant's about 35,000, and most were 4 doors.Don't mean this to knock Darts, I love them, my wife has one, it just made sense why parts are harder to get, and why you don't see as many Valiants
Valiants also have a shorter wheel base, if you look at it long enough from the side, it appears to look like an altered wheel base car.
All I can say is this car was built not to break.I hate loosing because of a broken car, and I hate working on cars at the track.

Thanks Steve and Doug, I thought Patatoland ways good enough, made sense to me......LOL
The grill makes it look like (excuse me)... A Nova, but people come up and ask if it's a Ford Fairlane!
If you look up 69 Darts, there were like 635,000 built, look up 69 Valiant's about 35,000, and most were 4 doors.Don't mean this to knock Darts, I love them, my wife has one, it just made sense why parts are harder to get, and why you don't see as many Valiants
Valiants also have a shorter wheel base, if you look at it long enough from the side, it appears to look like an altered wheel base car.
All I can say is this car was built not to break.I hate loosing because of a broken car, and I hate working on cars at the track.

Only time I ever seen the hood up on it at the track was when Chris opened it to show me the motor....

that the way racing should be wish you were closer, love the car like being different I have a 68 polara runs 11.30

Darn Chris--If I wouldn't be knee deep in my 68 Valiant,I could have bought one done!!!!!!! Oh well back to the garage--NICE CAR and GOOD price---Thanks for the idea's--LOL--Steve P.S. Central Wis is ALL potato fields--

Is the rollcage mild steel or chrome moly? Also, are the front & rear side market light holes welded shut or are they filled in with body filler?

Mild steel cage,Also has welded frame connectors. All the welds are nice. Inspector looked at it, and it should cert. to 8:50
Markers welded up with plates , then filled.Also the wiper motor and heater holes are welded up with plates and molded in.
Car is very straight, paint is nice,about 4 years old.All lettering is removeable.No rust any where.
All of the floor was smoothed and painted with matching body paint, which I ran the car with last year
Correct Valiant molded carpet was installed this year.Has stock headlinner,visors,door panels & arm rests.Seats are new.Dash cap is new.Glove box opens, has new re-pop box inside, also has new rubber on brake pedal. Windshield has new rubber. All the chrome is perfect. Grill is incredible and hard to find (read $$$).
It has a clutch pedal and small hump for stick linkage welded shut and smoothed over.
The underside of car is painted black with auto paint, underhood is painted with matching auto paint,every where is super clean and painted including inside trunk.
Hood is mounted on stock hindges and springs, with stock latch.Hood pins are backup.Trunk lid is lightened and lifts off with 2 pins and stock latch with key.
With a stock rear cross member & drive shaft (don't have those parts) you can run a 727 . Shifter would need simple $25.00 gate change.

How long have you had the car. It looks like a car that came from a guy in So Calif a few years ago that I almost bought as a roller. If I did not just but a 68 Dart last week I would seriously think about this. GLWS

Thanks for compliment.Yes,it is from So Cal. I saw it on Ebay, but bought it in person from father and dad.
I was told it was built by a guy in South Carolia, it had a 440 C.I. 14.1 SB in it. He died before it was finished. They bought it from the wife. I saw the motor, it went to Australia.
I was supose to get the title, but they never came through. Funny thing is, if you google the vin. it shows the car foresale (back then), and the listing says "title in hand".
He said it was in the mail, but once he got my cash, he never would call me back.I call that fraud.

The guy you bought it from has screwed a bunch of people. Mark Lange?

Back to your sale...

Mark is the guy that showed me the car when I looked at it. He bought the car for the motor and was selling the roller. It is definetly better looking now then when I seen it. GL. Eddie

Yup, he sure talked the talk. I knew going into it, I might not get the title, I really didn't care because I was making it a race car any way.
I bought the car right as a roller,they were desperate to get it out of the storage locker it was in.That is why I can put the price on it I have.
He and his dad seemed cool, but turned out Mark sure wasn't.I have an Pay Pal reciept where I paid for the car to Mark.
Thanks Eddie.It just took a little tweaking to bring it around.It sure gets positive coments where ever I take it.
I am about ready to pull it off the market and keep it. I have several people from Racing junk intrested.
Had 1 offer I turned down.
By the way, Mark say's he was dating Asley Force before she got married....hum

Yup, he sure talked the talk. I knew going into it, I might not get the title, I really didn't care because I was making it a race car any way.
I bought the car right as a roller,they were desperate to get it out of the storage locker it was in.That is why I can put the price on it I have.
He and his dad seemed cool, but turned out Mark sure wasn't.I have an Pay Pal reciept where I paid for the car to Mark.
Thanks Eddie.It just took a little tweaking to bring it around.It sure gets positive coments where ever I take it.
I am about ready to pull it off the market and keep it. I have several people from Racing junk intrested.
Had 1 offer I turned down.
By the way, Mark say's he was dating Asley Force before she got married....hum
Ashley probably found out he was a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back