1970 - 1972 Dart/Demon RUNNING 215 70 14's ON THE FRONT?

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I've always had 205's on the front and rear of my Demon. Thinking about moving up to 215's. Anyone with input or pics for this combination?

Thanks

Got them on my 74 swinger on stock 14’s no clearance issues and looks good. I can snap a pic if you are interested, I know it’s not the same years you are asking about.

0324473B-A0A2-4FD6-A8ED-A04983D70910.jpeg

Last edited:
Got them on my 74 swinger on stock 14’s no clearance issues and looks good. I can snap a pic if you are interested, I know it’s not the same years you are asking about.
Thanks for the reply. Interested in info (pics) of how they fit in the 70-72 clip. This clip is different than the '74.

turn your wheels so that the outside edge of the tire is adjacent to the closest piece of the front fender lip. Adjust the strut that holds the bottom corner of the fender to the bumper bracket for Max clearance - extend it if you have to (take two cut and weld) and trim that fender corner if needed. Then bounce the car because it all changes as it goes up and down. If something gets worn out in the front end you might hear it first as the tire starts to rub there (ask me how I know) :rolleyes:

What tires are on the back? It always looks weird to me if front sidewalls are taller than back sidewalls...

You can go up to 225's on the front with the Moog upper control bushings to increase caster adjustment, anything larger requires aftermarket upper control arm bushings

What tires are on the back? It always looks weird to me if front sidewalls are taller than back sidewalls...
I will be going with the same diameter 60 series in the rear. I just don't know if the 215 diameter would be too tall for this car.

When I bought my Dart GT it had 215/70R14 tires on the factory 14" X 5 1/2" sbp Rallye wheels. I had no clearance issues until I installed the SSBC front disc brake kit on it. If I remember correctly, the SSBC kit pushes each wheel outboard 3/8". So the new front tires are now P195/75R14s.

P215-70R14 Front.JPG

P195-75R14 Front.JPG

-
Back