1970-71 grille colors

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I recently bought headlight bezels and parking light covers from an OER supplier for a 71 Dart.
They look really nice and fit really well, but the silver color is really different from the 70-7 grilles I have seen. Much shinier and darker in color. Are all those grilles out there just faded out or is OER using an inappropriate color?

I also found that currently that OER is producing 71 headlight bezels and parking lights (black fins) and 70 grilles (silver fins). I wonder how people buying a whole grille set up feel about that! I called and tried to talk to them about it and exchange e-mails and they just didn't want to hear about it. I was kinda hoping they were switching over to the 71 paint scheme, but that wasn't it.

Has anybody tried to match the paint on the new pieces to paint their existing pieces or the other way around (paint the new pieces to match a correctly colored grille)?

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for the correct shade of light argent silver for my '70 Swinger 340. I also need it for a set of '70 SBP pattern ralley wheels I recently scored. I need to repaint the center caps, too.

-
Back