1970 Chevelle 396

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dig all years of Chevelles up to 72.
I have fond memories of cruising in my best friends 64 SS, he`s had the car since a teenager. I`ve been on him to fix it up and get it back on the road, for decades, ratty or not. :(
What?! Why not 1973 chevelles, they are a thing of beauty!
Look at this beaut! :poke:
:rofl:
1973 Chevelle.jpg

Just like the 1975 Chargers, aren't they awesome?
1975 Charger.jpg

No I'm kidding, these things were sad endings of the 1960-70's muscle car era.

On a 70 model if I had a question about vacuum routing, I'd just disconnect and plug everything at the carb/intake and quit worrying about that for now.

All my 72's had them. The 69' did not. May have started in 70' on the Q-jet cars, but i doubt on the 375hp's.

My very first car was a 72 ,,,,,but then I got out of school and eventually went with several Chevies .
Then I got my first Mopar ,,,a 70 Challenger ,,,,,it’s the only car I still have from my youth .
Now back to the reason I posted on this thread .

This is FABO,,,,right ,,,,let’s try to keep it that way ,,,and pay respect to our brand !
I still enjoy many brands,,,,but I respect this place enough not to bring them here .
I belong on the HAMB,,,,,it’s all old stuff,,,pre 65,,,,,and they respect that there .

Tommy

My very first car was a 72 ,,,,,but then I got out of school and eventually went with several Chevies .
Then I got my first Mopar ,,,a 70 Challenger ,,,,,it’s the only car I still have from my youth .
Now back to the reason I posted on this thread .

This is FABO,,,,right ,,,,let’s try to keep it that way ,,,and pay respect to our brand !
I still enjoy many brands,,,,but I respect this place enough not to bring them here .
I belong on the HAMB,,,,,it’s all old stuff,,,pre 65,,,,,and they respect that there .

Tommy
1721347390907.png

Team Chevelle

Answer all your questions and I am sure they would love to see it. I am a member there also for Chevy engine tech. Have a 454 in my C10 after all. Different user name though.

My 69 swinger loved Chevelles . Ate em up every chance we got ! But that's another story.

What?! Why not 1973 chevelles, they are a thing of beauty!
Look at this beaut! :poke:
:rofl:
View attachment 1716277819

Just like the 1975 Chargers, aren't they awesome?
View attachment 1716277820

No I'm kidding, these things were sad endings of the 1960-70's muscle car era.

I think those bodies were pretty decent for the era in time,,,,,the gas crisis really kicked people’s butts .
That sheet metal and the under body was a really good package .
They needed a good big block,,,,,,which was already there,,,,,except it had 8.2 compression .
(Really closer to about 7.9,,,,, if you really check the CCs of everything ) .
A tried and true 727,,,,and the ever popular 8 3/4,,,,would have made an excellent package .

What really hurt was their styling,,,,look at that pic ,,,,the paint there should be either blue or silver,,,,,not that billboard paint scheme there .
That blue,,,and a really cool decal package ,,,,,yeah .

Anyway,,,those days are gone .

Tommy

OldmanRick is correct. w/s/washer bottle. I am looking at a 70 LS6 car now. ALL APART, EVERY NUT AND BOLT. A lot of new parts. 48k

lol,,,,,you know I was just looking through the main page here ,,and I was surprised .

The section title does say : Mopar General Discussion .
So,,,,as much as anyone likes their other brands,,,,,this site is for Mopar related stuff .
So,,,,I’m not out of line after all .

Tommy

Not out of line, just being a dick... a member has a question and can use some help.... we help him, and it's not like it's a constant thing.. And as you can see from this thread plenty of us have owned/worked on chevies..
The other guy a guy posted a pic of his mazda truck that got hit by a semi... should that be removed also?

You’re right,,,absolutely !

By the way,,,,it should read “ An ignore option “.

But the problem is not solved,,,you’re still able to insult people for defending the Mopar brand .
It’s okay,,,,,you’re still doing the best you can .

Tommy

General Discussion thread. Come on man....
lol,,,,,you know I was just looking through the main page here ,,and I was surprised .

The section title does say : Mopar General Discussion .
So,,,,as much as anyone likes their other brands,,,,,this site is for Mopar related stuff .
So,,,,I’m not out of line after all .

Tommy
How in the world did this thread go off the rails? Of course it belongs in the General discussion forum. If we were talking about a Mopar it could go in Mopar General. No reason for arguing or calling anyone out about it.

I will say this. A lot of guys here on FABO are have many, many decades of Mopar. Me included. A lot of guys here also have some other brands. That does not demenish our love of Mopar and /or old cars in general.

FABO is well knows as site of car enthusiasts that love to help or sometimes try to help fellow old car hobbiest, yes it is intended to be a Mopar site. That said, occasionally a thread will pop up about another brand. I guess if it bothers someone, all they have to do is stroll on down to another all Mopar thread.

Mopar never paid me a salary and I have spend many a $ on Mopar. I owe HER nothing and she owes me NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back