1970 Chevelle 396

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this. A lot of guys here on FABO are have many, many decades of Mopar. Me included. A lot of guys here also have some other brands. That does not demenish our love of Mopar and /or old cars in general.

FABO is well knows as site of car enthusiasts that love to help or sometimes try to help fellow old car hobbiest, yes it is intended to be a Mopar site. That said, occasionally a thread will pop up about another brand. I guess if it bothers someone, all they have to do is stroll on down to another all Mopar thread.

Mopar never paid me a salary and I have spend many a $ on Mopar. I owe HER nothing and she owes me NOTHING.
And it's interesting and a bit funny that Mopar guys are usually a lot more knowledgeable about the off brands. THey don't know the difference between a Swinger and a Demon but we know about their 383's or what it takes to make a 292, or what country a Beaumont came from. :poke: :lol: Bahama Blue? Ya, I know what color that is.

My apologies completely !

I didn’t realize there was a Mopar General discussion,,,,,and a regular General discussion .
I just now saw the thing and didn’t know there were two forums .
After I read the Moderators post,,,,I went back and caught my error .

I guess it all goes back to being attacked because I own and love Mopars ,,,,from all the other brands .
I’ve owned a lot of Chevies,,,,,but only a few Mopars !
But ,,this is the only brand I really pull for !

I didn’t call anyone names,,,,,and hope everyone can be friends .

I still pull for Mopar though !

Tommy

Last edited:
My apologies completely !

I didn’t realize there was a Mopar General discussion,,,,,and a regular General discussion .
I just now saw the thing and didn’t know there were two forums .
After I read the Moderators post,,,,I went back and caught my error .

I guess it all goes back to being attacked because I own and love Mopars ,,,,from all the other brands .
I’ve owned a lot of Chevies,,,,,but only a few Mopars !
But ,,this is the only brand I really pull for !

I didn’t call any names,,,,,and hope everyone can be friends .

I still pull for Mopar though !

Tommy
If I remember correctly, this thread started in Mopar General forum and I moved it. The OP may have gotten a message from me or not. I may have just moved it to General and no message just to save a little time. It does matter what forum threads are started in. Not for viewing but if you go back in a particular forum to search for something specific. Sales and wanted ads especially need to be in specific forums for searches .

I have had many 100% died in the wool and RABIED Mopar friends, rabid like myself over the many decades! None of us ever had the darn Rabies shot!!!!!

But, I admit I have never had any issue with the guys that love other brands.
I love reading old cars mags, few left anymore. I love reading Hemmings Classic Car mag. Cheap too! Fun to read about all kinds of old cars, and even thought I have no desire to try to own 99% of them.... still fun learning aboujt them and the guys that own and love them.

I lusted after the car the kid bought new a 66 396 4 speed Chevelle, when we were both Seniors in H.S. But it did not beat the '64 Sport Fury my young friend's mother would loan me at age 17 for a date! He was too young to drive for a double date! Really!

She was the coolest lady I have ever known. She owned part of the Chrysler dealership in a small S. W. Ga. town, pop. less than 5000. She and her husband owned a small farm and Santa Gertrudis herd. I helped them with cattle, horses, and hay as a kid. She gave me a nice yearling filly once.
Back when I wasn't working my after class H.S. job at the local A & P Supermarket ( Nothing super about it!!!).
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Santa Gertrudis,,,,man,,,,,that’s a word I haven’t heard in a long while .
Some were brought in here ( Middle Tennessee ),,,,back in the 70 s .
They were a large breed,,,,reminded you of a Brahma,,,,except they had a hump on their shoulders about a quarter the size of a Brahma .
Supposedly a good stock for raising for beef ,,,,and growing your herd .
It was some bad winters here in the 70s,,,I’m not sure if they were very hardy against the freeze ? I think they were a Texas breed ?

But they were a good looking animal,,,,,really muscular and strong .

Tommy

lol,,,,,you know I was just looking through the main page here ,,and I was surprised .

The section title does say : Mopar General Discussion .
So,,,,as much as anyone likes their other brands,,,,,this site is for Mopar related stuff .
So,,,,I’m not out of line after all .

Tommy
NO. He's in the right section. You are looking at the WRONG section. THIS THREAD is in "General Discussions". There IS a "Mopar General Discussions" thread, but this ain't it.

NO. He's in the right section. You are looking at the WRONG section. THIS THREAD is in "General Discussions". There IS a "Mopar General Discussions" thread, but this ain't it.
You missed where it started in Mopar G D, & TMM moved it to plain G D, & it's a washer bottle not hooked up, can We put this one go Nighty Night now?...........:lol:

My apologies for all the hassle this has caused. It was an innocent mistake and I will try not to make it again. I’m a mopar guy at heart but I love working on my uncles chevelle and i was not sure where to post a question regarding it. All I knew was that I wanted it posted in FABO because I haven’t scrolled through a more active and knowledgeable thread and I know there are experts for any make/model. I now know of the general discussion thread and will make sure to post anything regarding another make in that thread. Thank you all for the assistance and kind messages regarding the mistake. I tried to start the vehicle and I couldn’t get it. I got a new battery for it, I cranked it a bit without pumping the gas to prime the system(I know I should’ve taken out the distributor and primed it that way but I have never done that and I would appreciate if someone could explain how to do that), and I made sure there were no open vacuum ports on the carb. While I was cranking and cranking, I noticed that fuel was leaking out of the carb in multiple spots. A bunch went on the intake. I’m sure that carb needs to get cleaned because it has sat for years and there’s probably gunked up old gas clogging the ports. The carb is a Holley 750cfm and I have another 750cfm at home and I’m thinking of switching mine on there and seeing if that works. I’m also gonna pull a plug and see if there’s spark just to confirm. It has good oil pressure while cranking. If anyone could explain how to prime the system from the distributor and anything else I should do before starting, I’d appreciate it. Thank you everyone!

No hassle. I was gonna reply and tell you I figured it was the washer bottle, but I got beat to it! I have a Chevy in my shop. You asked a car question out of humble respect for the knowledge base this forum is known for. Anybody who can't get over themselves enough to help you aint worth the time.

PS: If it wasn't painted black you would have known!

Last edited:
It's no hassle at all. You're a member here trying to get some help. It's not your fault a few want to be pricks about it.

This section is for general questions. Pretty much anything can be asked. Look at past posts and see what I mean. The only "dumb question", is the one you don't ask. Some people here are looking for something to ***** about. I.E., not capitalizing the 1st letter of each sentence, if your computer or phone does not recognize the end/beginning of a sentence. Welcome to this site.

As an automotive enthusiast, I take NO offense to someone asking questions on any of the forums I belong to. What I DO take offense to is when a question is posed and answered that the OP wants to argue with the people giving him/her quality information. There are plenty of you tube videos out there, if you don't agree with the answer that is posted, go to you tube and really screw it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back