Not open for further replies.
new pics of driver side & other

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

In your last pic, look at the machined flat pad just back to the right of the thermstat housing. If you look right down on it, you will see the displacement of the engine. Probably a 440 on there somewhere. The letter in front of it will tell us what year it is. For instance, D 440 would be a 1968 casting. (I think D is 1968!?)

In your last pic, look at the machined flat pad just back to the right of the thermstat housing. If you look right down on it, you will see the displacement of the engine. Probably a 440 on there somewhere. The letter in front of it will tell us what year it is. For instance, D 440 would be a 1968 casting. (I think D is 1968!?)

You are correct in that a D would be for 1968, but that has nothing to do with the casting. I'm guessing you misstated. A "D440" would tell you the motor was used in a 1968 model car, but not what the casting date of the block is. There were lots of Hemi's cast in 66, and they were used till late 68 or early 69. The 3 17 (I think it was) is the asse\mbly date of the motor, which would be March 17.

Anything else stamped on there?

You are correct in that a D would be for 1968, but that has nothing to do with the casting. I'm guessing you misstated. A "D440" would tell you the motor was used in a 1968 model car, but not what the casting date of the block is. There were lots of Hemi's cast in 66, and they were used till late 68 or early 69. The 3 17 (I think it was) is the asse\mbly date of the motor, which would be March 17.

Anything else stamped on there?

No no, that was just an example of the year shown with the displacement. I think he needs to look at the casting numbers on the drivers side of the block- then we'll know whats in it.

So where is the bondo? White does a good job at hiding bad bodywork, and I just can't see to much of anything in the pics. Like I said, it seams like a fair price to me.

Phil

If you can't see where the bondo is in the pics, look at a picture of a car that isn't refined in that portion of the car.

I know the drivers rear is loaded up pretty good as the body line from wheelwell to bumper is basically gone.
DarkPicture002.jpg

yeah that is the worst looking part of the car. but show me a car with a big block motor in it and looks and drives as good as mine for the price!!!! yeah eventually you will have to replace the rear quarters and the trunk pan but im talking years from now & not that much money involved!!!

yeah that is the worst looking part of the car. but show me a car with a big block motor in it and looks and drives as good as mine for the price!!!! yeah eventually you will have to replace the rear quarters and the trunk pan but im talking years from now & not that much money involved!!!

The one in the pic I posted, less motor with 4000 stall built 727, 8.75 3.91, subframe connectors, relocation kit, roll bar, two passenger car Dana 60's and two 440 engines for $2400. I could sell both Danas for almost $2500 easy and plop a running 440 in this thing for under 2K. So I'd say I could do it for less. :-D

You have a neat car, times aren't great for selling cars, and buyers are being careful to buy exactly what they want. It's a buyers market now. Be patient and prepared to wait if you want top $. Good luck

i stand corrected that is a good deal!! im hoping to get someone thats not looking to do any work just yet and they want a cool driver for now!!! the pictures of my car really dont do it justice, it looks good and sounds awesome!!!! I get alot of attention when I take it out to the local shows, its a real sleeper! Too bad I didnt have it up for sale about a month ago though!

Got ya.

I am sure I would have seen it if it was in person. I'm just not as familiar with swinger 1/4's than I am with duster, dart sports and demon's

Phil

Got to say, I am in my car for less, and it has more new stuff than old.

New engine ( rebuilt)
New clutch
new Fuel tank, and all lines, sending unit, Pump
new Brakes, pads, calipers, cylenders, master, rubber and metal lines Drumbs, Used discs.
new Aluminum Rad
new SS springs
new T bars
new 4 shocks
new carb to pan is new ( exept intake)
new ball joints, Tie rods
New bearings in the diff, and seals....

the list goes on and on.

kinda depressing cause i wouldn't sell mine for less than $15 But I prob wouldn't get it. never guna be for sale anyways...so I guess it doesn't matter

Thats why you need to find out as much as you can about the car....sell it

not yet!!! I had someone come by yesterday and offer me 7 for it but it didnt take it! he pulled up in a black 69 gtx, it was a bada$$ car!!!

I would have jumped on the 7K if it was me after seeing pictures of the LR quarter panel.Makes me wonder how well the rest of the car was put together.

Good luck getting your price:usa2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back