1970 Dart Swinger

-
I got the first 2 coats of paint laid down tonight, and I'm really happy with it now!

DSC04097.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

My plan right now is to clear coat it after I fix a couple of minor spots that I see in my work.

Thanks! I'll be updating again later this week, hopefully with a finished bay and some stuff starting to go back in.

All touch ups and 2 coats of clear done. The paint is now complete in the bay.

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

Thanks, guys!

I'm going to start putting things back together there this weekend. Hopefully I'll be dropping an engine in there within a week or 2.

Holy crap... Your engine bay looks better than my car ever will...

Holy crap... Your engine bay looks better than my car ever will...

Wow, thanks!

This is my first complete project on a car, so I'm trying to do things as nice as I know how.

Valance is done and drying now.

Before:
IMAG0290.jpg

After:
IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0296.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

You're doing a great job. Looks like you will have your car all painted before long.

You're doing a great job. Looks like you will have your car all painted before long.
Thanks, Rebel!

I'm trying pretty hard. I think my wife is feeling neglected right now, LOL!

I'll be happy if I drive the beast this summer.

I have decided that I'm painting the car myself after finishing the valance. I used it as a practice piece, and I am really happy with the results. This was done in my garage, and I have 3 coats of clear on it, and one final flow coat of clear after wet sanding it flat with 600 grit.

Enough talk. Here's the results of doing things properly:

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

All these pics were taken with a Sony Cybershot W530 camera. We got it about 2 weeks ago.

Really nice, can't wait to see the car finished.
Thanks, Moe!

I'm going to be doing the body work this weekend, and I'll see how much I can get done by the end of the week. Hopefully I can go through it and get it primed.
That would be a huge step in the process.

Ok, I got the rear valance done this weekend. It came out way better than I thought it would.

As it came off the car. You can see that bullshit blue lacquer job that was done on it. The paint they used is absolute garbage, and whoever shot it on there needs a good slap, and their paint gun taken away so they can't hurt any more innocent cars. LOL!

IMAG0314.jpg

Sanded, bumped out, primed and 1 coat of color on it. (I didn't take pics of the prime/ bump work.

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

2nd coat of color, the shine starts to show:
DSC00032.jpg

1st coat of clear, shine gets deeper:
DSC00036.jpg

2 coats of clear. It's not getting any more than that. I'm 100% happy with how this came out.

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

-
Back