1970 Dart with N95

-

John Martin

Reaction score
I am purchasing a 1970 Dart that was sold new at Butler-Conti Dodge in Lafayette, California. It is a 225 and has the N95 California Emissions Package. It is also called Evaporation Control System ECS. Is there anything I should expect? My previous Dart was a Federal Emissions car.

I know what the N95 is, what it does, and how it works. What I am looking for is anyone’s experience with a car that has it as well. How does it drive? Any special tricks to tuning the carburetor over the standard Federal Emissions system?

Thank you Dan. I’m very curious as to how pronounced the hot idle/hot start issues are. I would love to hear about it from someone who is driving a car that is also N95 equipped.

They became standard for 1971. Never had any sort of start or run issues or vapor lock, I've never had a problem with them.

They became standard for 1971. Never had any sort of start or run issues or vapor lock, I've never had a problem with them.

Good to know. I had an issue with my last 225 where it would have the fuel boil out of the line just before the carburetor on warm starts in the summer.

-
Back