1970 Dart Z bar nylon bearings

-

36DodgeD2

36DodgeD2
Reaction score
HI everyone ! I am new on this site, but have been watching for several months. I am in the process of converting from automatic to 4 speed. I have the hump cut in and just finished putting in the pedal assembly. I got my transmission from Jamie Passon and he set me up with the correct shifter, linkage, levers and speedometer pinion. My question is when I install the Z bar bearings on the frame side ball stud, does the wire clip fit in the grove in the bearing or does the bearing ride up to the two pins on the clip?? The diagram that came with the new bearings and seal kit is a bit vague. Thanks everybody.
I have to go in for an eye operation tomorrow, so I will most likely not get back to FABO for a couple days, but thanks for any info posted.

The ends of the wire clip go in the grooves. Don't forget to lube everything up really well. I converted my 69 Barracuda from an Auto to a 4 speed also. It is SOOO much more fun to drive.

Thanks so much Mike and Keith, I will probably be installing the Z bar within the next few days.

-
Back