1970 Dart

-

MOPARTEEN

Reaction score
How you guys doin?
My dart has stock wheel wells, stock leaf spring placement and i just want to know the fattest tire i can squeeze in thier. We had a 15x8 steelie in thier but it only had 4inch backspacing and it wouldnt fit with the 255-60-r15 tire. If anyone out thier has a similiar setup with a different backspacing or tire size and got it to fit can you please post it. any help would be appreciated. (My dad doesnt want me to cut the lip but he said i can trim it just a litle maybe nothing more then a 1/4 inch)

Without moving your springs in at least using a 3/4" hanger, I don't think that tire will fit. Also keep in mind, your axle is not exactly centered under your car, so if your going to max out the tire size makes sure you measure both sides for fitment and centre your axle first. I got a 265/35/18 in the rear of my stock tub but I had to do the aforementioned.

101_0133.jpg

I will find out backspacing for you if you like. I forgot to write it down when I bought the wheels and tires.

i'd love to know the backspacing if you got and it and can you measure the actual width of the tire for me? thanks

I have my springs moved inboard and the quarter panel lip rolled up. I could have got away with out rolling the quarter lip. I have a 27" x 10.5 M/T which is close to the same size. I got the wheels from stockton and used their online measurement form to figure out the backspacing.

IMG_1029.jpg

Stock spring location, 15x7 cop rallies, 4.25 in. BS. 245/60-15's on the rear. Rolled pass side lip because axle wasnt perfectly centered.

100_0608.jpg

I put 25560R15 on my brother's '70 Dart with only SS springs but we tried 27560R15 and to our surprise they fit with about a finger clearance between the tire and fender lip. He has an 8.75 rear and basic 15X7 steel rims.

I put 25560R15 on my brother's '70 Dart with only SS springs but we tried 27560R15 and to our surprise they fit with about a finger clearance between the tire and fender lip. He has an 8.75 rear and basic 15X7 steel rims.

Yes ,super stock springs raise the car up in the rear considerably, hence the added room for tire.

-
Back