1970 Dodge challenger V code $3,000

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do figure its not? The only difference is the back wheels and ladder bars, which could be easily changed and added. The interior pic is the same. It has the same interior picture. Im a 100% percent sure its the same car.

Looks identical, minus wheels and ladder bars. Both sites show the car having hood pins in the trunk, as well as the same crappy interior, and both have 'Direct Connection' stickers on the fenders.

How do figure its not? The only difference is the back wheels and ladder bars, which could be easily changed and added. The interior pic is the same. It has the same interior picture. Im a 100% percent sure its the same car.

I apologize; you're right. I was viewing it on my cell phone and didn't see the stickers or the strange paint job on the non-ebay photos.

i am looking at a 70 challenger that is completly dissassembled. it says r/t on the grille, and it has clear title, . what is the difference between a r/t, and a v-code car. better yet, what is a v-code car? were all r/t a 6 pk cars? this one i am looking at has everything to put back together, minus the driver side headlight bezel, quarters.lol the doors need help, fenders nee help. trunk needs replaced, but the floors are mint,. go figure.lol
if it is a real r/t what should the vin be? and what if it was a supposed v-code? thanks for the help

To answer some of "340Plot"'s questions: No not all R/T Challengers were V code or 440 6 pack cars. All R/T Challenger's vin start with two letters = JS followed by the body style = 23, 27 or 29 - then the year "0" for 1970 and then the engine code = N for 383, U for 440 mag, V for 440+6 and the big gun R for 426!!! The 340 engine wasn't part of the R/T lineup until 1971 - the code H for the 340 engine. The body style numbers are 23 - Coupe, 27 Conv. and 29 was the RT/SE package car. I hope this helps

yea, so it is a real r/t with the n, meaning it was a 383 car. i wonder if it is worth the 4800 this guy wants for it. needs everything to be restored, but is a bucket seat column shift car.

340PLOT - not always, the vin must start with JS because you could get a non R/T car with the N code (the Vin would start with a JH for a non R/T car).

FYI - there were roughly 6,014 Challenger's R/T, 383 and automatic cars or vin JS23N0.

My advice - with today's economy you can't buy a car because of it cost or possibly profit margin - buy it because you love it, because you will never get all you money out of it after selling it - especially if you restore it properly!!!!!! Many things play into the value of the car - options, documentation and overall condition of the car.

If you have any other questions about Challengers you can also email me at [email protected] - glad to help!

I know the guy that has it now. Good 'ol Rick Higley. I used to work for him a bit and have sold him many cars. The guy does an awesome job, but as with lots of body guys. Don't pay all the cash up front, it may take you a wile to get the finished product. But he DOES do GREAT work. I have seen some beautiful cars come from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back