1970 Dodge Dart GT ~ DarTT

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
Well, It seemed like forever I was dreaming of this day. I finally got a body! And its real nice too!! I bought it from a member here in middle GA, Bruce (7071DartGTReg). My face is lighting up so big right now, Ive been dreaming of posting a car in the member resto section. Basically, all the car needs is a little body work and paint. Theres a mysterious 3"x8" hole in the trunk floor someone cut above the rear spring hangers. It needs a trunk gasket/seal and a new dashpad at somepoint soon. The original buckets are long gone, but it has some Summit Racing buckets. I am very very very very very happy!!! :cheers:

So here is the first pic of how it looked 3 years ago, before the paint was stripped off in favor of a different color, which as you can see, didn't happen except in the engine bay.
(sorry for the big images)
IMG_0098.jpg

And heres how it looks now, the last pic is of the dash. Still best start possible by far here in GA for sure!!! Thanks again Bruce!!

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

As you can see, Its a great start, solid everything. Manual brakes and manual steering. Unsure of which steering box it has atm. But the manual brakes will eventually be power and have disc brakes up front and eventually in back. But I am very happy! If I smile any bigger, Ill rip my ears off!!! THANK YOU FABO!!!

hahaha, mines not home yet, its still at Bruce's for now. Gonna go down there again later this week and give her a good scrubbing!!

hahaha, mines not home yet, its still at Bruce's for now. Gonna go down there again later this week and give her a good scrubbing!!

A good scrubbing will do wonders! here is what my 72 looked like when I dragged it home after sitting in an impound lot for about 10 years

1223091639b.jpg

1223091649.jpg

Im definately gonna need to learn alot more on bodywork because that is the first thing on the list is sand and remove the old primer and put a fresh coat of epoxy primer and paint it.

Ah Right way to go!Looks like a great start, nice and straight body,and it looks like the majority of the parts are there.

You have a long list on your fender tag 8)

I saw that and said to myself that Im not gonna chop this car up at all really. Im gonna keep it as restorable as possible, i think. I plan on keeping this car til the day I kick the bucket. Btw, dealer air conditioning added

I saw that and said to myself that Im not gonna chop this car up at all really. Im gonna keep it as restorable as possible, i think. I plan on keeping this car til the day I kick the bucket. Btw, dealer air conditioning added
Well thats going to be one NICE car if you keep it that long!!

Pretty awesome. Keep the excitement and goals in mind. Plan out what you want to do and to for it!

I really like the Molotov cocktail fuse hanging from the rear marker light.=D> Looks like a good start for a project.

Went and scrubbed her down today, looking good, though I found a few things to add to the "fix or die" list

1. drivers side floor pan had a slight pinhole in it, but I have yet to clean the rust off it. Next time, Im bringing an angle grinder with a wire wheel.
2.drivers side lower quarter panel needs a patch panel
3. rear quarter panel to roof seem on passenger side is rusting but I dont know how bad yet. its covered by paint, but theres a big old paint bubble with a crack in it and its letting water in it.

any advice here? Im bringing an angle grinder next time I go to see my darling GT. I brought her the car cover too today btw.

any advice here? Im bringing an angle grinder next time I go to see my darling GT. I brought her the car cover too today btw.

I'd just keep it covered until you get it home, then work on it...

I'd just keep it covered until you get it home, then work on it...
Imma take care of the floorboards atleast so I can have that off my mind. Worrisome Willy only makes more problems

Btw, pics tomorrow from Bruce of the cleaned up Dart, It got too dark while I was there

-
Back