1970 Dodge Dart - Nearly done with the resto

-

Kikowillers

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

These are some imagens of my Dodge Dart taken in the weekend. After nearly two months in the garage, it finally went out into the sun for a little bit.

This is a 63,000km two-owner 1970 Brazillian Dodge Dart which I've owned for the last 12 years. I finally managed to bring it to Australia this year and every time I look at it I get happier about the fact that I didn't sell it when I moved to Australia - the temptation was great!

I worked on the car for about 16 hours this weekend, installed a bunch of new parts including the steering wheel. The car is not finished yet, I have new tyres coming and a new exhaust system is in the works, but I thought I'd share some images with you. I'm just feeling quite proud right now as I'm doing all the work myself.

Here's a short walk-around video:

[ame="http://youtu.be/Qynph8HxdXs"]http://youtu.be/Qynph8HxdXs[/ame]

These are the pics taken this weekend.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC04173.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 895
  • DSC04176.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC04177.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 891
  • DSC04178.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 913
  • DSC04179.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 867
  • DSC04180.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 875
Very nice. Interesting to see the foreign built cars. Looks like a 69 with rally dash.

3 on the tree?????? Cool!!!!

Yep, it is. Feels very old school.

We had to modify the gear shift lever when I installed the grant steering wheel because it was literally touching the wheel. So now it has a very nice curve to it, actually looks pretty nice.

Hi Kiko,what's up?
I'm Alan Bom Jardim from Brazilian dodge yahoogroup.
I have a doubt.Is your car the famous ClassicShow Magazine cover from early editions???
Man,your car is awesome!!!! we loose a fantastic "white fly with blue eyes"!
Congratulations by haven't sold this jewel!!!
Cheers from Brazil

Hi Kiko,what's up?
I'm Alan Bom Jardim from Brazilian dodge yahoogroup.
I have a doubt.Is your car the famous ClassicShow Magazine cover from early editions???
Man,your car is awesome!!!! we loose a fantastic "white fly with blue eyes"!
Congratulations by haven't sold this jewel!!!
Cheers from Brazil

Hi Alan,

Yeah, this is the Dart from one of the early Classic Show magazines. I thought about selling it when I moved to Australia, but I just couldn't go through with it so I put it on storage until I could bring it here.

It's been great having the car here, it's still in really good shape for its age, just needed a light restoration to bring it back to a good condition.

I'm getting it registered this month so hopefully the next pictures will home some nice Australian background to them.

Great to find another Brazilian here! Where can I find pics of your car?

Cheers!

Hi Kiko!!

I'm also from "dodgeV8" yahoo mailing list, I still have some pictures of your Dart saved on my computer...lol.

Its REALLY nice to see you still have the Dart, though its a pitty that car has left brazilian grounds...

Hope to see more pictures of it!

ABRAÇO!

Hello!

Yeah, I just couldn't sell it! Had way too much fun with it to let it go.

Right now I'm having a hard time registering the car here, there's an inspection that needs to be done and I also need to get an engineers report. And obviously everything costs money so it's a bit of a pain. Some work needed to be done to the steering and suspension as well to pass the inspection, the car is turning into a money pit!!! Hahaha.

My aim is to have the dart on the road by the end of the month cuz I want to go on a trip with it in November. Lets see how that goes...

Cheers!

She's a beauty!!
She sparkles in that Aussie sunshine!
Very Nice!!!

hi Kiko.. I'm really glad to hear notices from you... specially because your dart is ready to the road!

my 2 cents.. install the original steering wheel :D your car is really nice

Hey guys,

Update!

After 6 months of work, an engineers' report and a roadworthy inspection, the Dart is finally licensed!

Just in time to enjoy the Aussie summer...

View attachment 1714582125

View attachment 1714582126

what can I add???....I love it!
did I miss it?...what motor?

Mopar to ya'
Denny

-
Back