1970 Dodge Dart Swinger Disc Brake Conversion Questions...Please advise!!

-

schultec14

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1970 dodge dart swinger. original 318 V8 car. It used to have "manual brakes" with drums all around. I got the complete disc brake setup and front end pieces on it from a 1973 dodge dart. I have a wilwood brake booster and master cylinder kit and those 10LB and 2LB valves that come with it. I want to know if I can still use my factory brass proportioning valve, or should I just bypass it and get a manual adjust one from wilwood or something??? Should I also just put the 2LB valve on the front line only for holding pressure for the disc's ?? I would not think I would have to touch the rear line, or the holding pressure at that, right??
Thank you,
-ANTHONY

An adjustable prop valve would be better, that way you could dial in the front/rear brake bias.

If your car came with 4 wheel drum brakes then it probably doesn't have a prop valve on it. That might just be a distribution block and/or a brake warning switch. They look similiar.

If your car came with 4 wheel drum brakes then it probably doesn't have a prop valve on it. That might just be a distribution block and/or a brake warning switch. They look similiar.

I have a 69 Dart that has the prop valve. I am swithing to the KH disc and I got the proper dist block with my purchase.

-
Back