1970 Dodge Dart Swinger QUESTIONS!

-

'70DartSwinger

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1970 dodge dart swinger.. its a 340 4 speed.

So i got insurance on it went through my current insurance meloche monnex. Its not a classic car insurer but i dont have 10 years experience to get a classic car insurer..

So Meloche Moxxex sent me my insurance slips an they had it down as a 1980 dodge dart

So i called today to get them to change it and they changed it to 1970 dodge dart sport... Shouldnt it be Swinger?

My car has the swinger emblems on the two rear quarter panels but not on the trunk

How can i tell if its a true swinger????

I recently bought a 1970 dodge dart swinger.. its a 340 4 speed.

So i got insurance on it went through my current insurance meloche monnex. Its not a classic car insurer but i dont have 10 years experience to get a classic car insurer..

So Meloche Moxxex sent me my insurance slips an they had it down as a 1980 dodge dart

So i called today to get them to change it and they changed it to 1970 dodge dart sport... Shouldnt it be Swinger?

My car has the swinger emblems on the two rear quarter panels but not on the trunk

How can i tell if its a true swinger????
It's definetly a swinger and not a sport. The sport model came out in 73 after the demon name was dropped. Sounds like your insurance company doesn't know their mopars!

It's definetly a swinger and not a sport. The sport model came out in 73 after the demon name was dropped. Sounds like your insurance company doesn't know their mopars!

Thank You! yeah they seem like they don't know a whole lot in general haha!

Call Hagerty and RUN away from your current ins. If they are this much of a pain in the *** right now, then imagine what would happen if you got in a wreck tomorrow. My .02

I use Meloche Monnex for my daily drivers. They do not specialize in classic cars. The last time I went to them for insurance on my 'Cuda they said they would have to talk to their underwriter and never got back to me with a quote. I'm no expert on insurance, but as far as I know unless you get the 19A agreed value coverage, your car will be insured for a replacement value of about $2 (I'm assuming you have collision coverage). If you get classic car insurance or 19A you will need a professional appraisal.

-
Back