1970 Dodge Dart Swinger

-

'70DartSwinger

Reaction score
Just bought my first dodge, Its a 1970 dodge dart swinger 340 v8 4 speed.
68 thousand original miles.
heres some pics,

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

011.jpg

Whats everyone think. Im new to this site looking for lots of feed back!
Interior is mint! will take more pics tomorrrow!!

Nice car! Welcome to the site. Seeing yours makes me want to get mine going as well. We do need more pics! Enjoy your stay with FABO.

Welcome and with that Swinger you can come by anytime. Beautiful car. We've also got a few members here out in your neck of the woods .

Nice car!! Welcome from another Ontarian. Please tell me you'll re-paint the engine bay to match the exterior?? No offense, its just nice seeing them match is all. Where did you pick that lil beauty up from??

well everyone thanks for the quick replies :)
Shes all original never bin touched and hardly driven.
bought it from a guy in my own neighbor hood who has had it since 1974! A really nice guy, and hes kept good care of it.
I plan to take it to mopar fest in new hamburg Ont. this summer and mosty local shows around town!

Shes all original never bin touched and hardly driven.
bought it from a guy in my own neighbor hood who has had it since 1974! A really nice guy, and hes kept good care of it.
I plan to take it to mopar fest in new hamburg Ont. this summer and mosty local shows around town!

those are the best ones to find. Looks real nice. Enjoy the car and good luck at the shows!

Some more pics from my cell phone!
033.jpg

interior photos
032.jpg

needs a new carpet but then again it is a 41 year old carpet :p
034.jpg

Door panel
035.jpg

Back seat
036.jpg

Again
037.jpg

Roof
038.jpg

039.jpg

Trunk
040.jpg

Under trunk matt
041.jpg

042.jpg

Very Nice car, I just picked up a 71 California 318 car, My 65 was lonley. Welcome to the site hope to see you at Moparfest in August. :toothy6:

Welcome! Cool Dart. Was it originally black, then painted orange? The fender tag will tell for sure. Real black 340 Darts are pretty rare!! Have you pulled the back seat to see if the broadcast sheet is there? Great to see a relatively unrestored Dart!!!

Welcome! Cool Dart. Was it originally black, then painted orange? The fender tag will tell for sure. Real black 340 Darts are pretty rare!! Have you pulled the back seat to see if the broadcast sheet is there? Great to see a relatively unrestored Dart!!!

How do i pull the seat? I am thinking it will be there as the seat has never bin recovered its still from factory. also i think its a original purple car, the fender tag is hard to read its bin painted over.. but the guy i bought it from wrote down what he could read ill post it tomorrow and hopefully someone cal help me decode it.

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=87

Use that, or list the tag on here. Take the tag off and try reading it from the back side, should be easier that way. Do not lose the tag, pr put it someplace where it lost!!!
The rear seat bottom needs to be pushed in/back, then lift it up and it should come out.

The paint code is 2nd code up on the left hand side of the fender tag...TX9 would be black, FC7 purple. The code above it will be the roof color.

Very nice score BTW. Does it run as good as it looks?

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=87

Use that, or list the tag on here. Take the tag off and try reading it from the back side, should be easier that way. Do not lose the tag, pr put it someplace where it lost!!!
The rear seat bottom needs to be pushed in/back, then lift it up and it should come out.

The paint code is 2nd code up on the left hand side of the fender tag...TX9 would be black, FC7 purple. The code above it will be the roof color.

Very nice score BTW. Does it run as good as it looks?
Help me decode it please :p

Use the link that is posted in Post# 19 Looks easy to do.

its a real 340 4 speed.
the c7 ???????? could be fc7.
maybe its orig purple then black then orange.
that should be tx9 if its orig black

Wow Too cool!!! The car was FC7 Plum Crazy purple with no vinyl top and it was coded for the V21 Hood blackout and the J45 hood pins and the C55 front bucket seats. Awesome find. Keep the pictures coming.Love the 70 340 Swingers:notworth: The V8N might be a W or an X instead of the N which is the bumble bee stripe color which the W would be for white and the X would be for black. Thanks again for posting.

-
Back