1970 Duster 225 to 340 engine swap

-

Wedge

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the site so I don't really know how this all works. So here goes... I have a 1970 Duster with a basic 225 and I'm about to buy the EXACT same car but with the 340. Will everything swap out as easy as pie (engine, trans. suspension, exhaust, k-member)? Or am I gonna need to do some modifying? I just want to have everything I need before I try to accomplish this so I can do it all in one weekend. Thanks.

Yea, simple as that! Other then the time and work involved. You should have everything you need right there.

The only thing is if one is a 4 speed, or automatic on the floor or something. Other than that... if its the same year, it should swap out evenly. The radiator will need to be swapped too.

What kind of shape is the original 340 car, that's what I'm wondering?!?! It would be worth more to fix that up, if it's a stock 340 car.

The 340 body ain't in the best of condition. The one I want to put it into is in all around better shape. I would like to fix them both up but you know how that goe$.

Post some pics of the cars. Like myasylum said, it might be worth more if its an original 340 car. Someone might even be willing to trade you what you need the make yours into a 340 car and some cash for and original.

The 340 body ain't in the best of condition. The one I want to put it into is in all around better shape. I would like to fix them both up but you know how that goe$.

New sheet metal is easy to come by. Original 340 cars are not.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can. The only set back is iPhones don't allow you to upload pictures and my computer does not have the internet!

-
Back