1970 Duster dashes

-

Ricksdust

70 Duster
Reaction score
Hello everyone!! Hope everyone had a great 4 th of july. I was wondering if anyone can explain this to me. I had 3 Dusters and they all had the squares on the Instrument panels. But all I have seen are the oval ones. Is it a different package like VL or VS? Thank you.

As my old mind recall all the 340's had
the oval Rally Dash. I believe it was also available (Optional?)
on all dusters as my slant 6 originally Race Car also has
one.

No, the Rallye Dash was no option buyers could choose.
It came only with the H-Code Cars in 1970 and 1971.

I think I know what you're talking about. The 1969 Valiant had a square surround for the fuel, amp, and temp gauges. The main body of the cluster was textured black. I owned a '70 Duster that had the left-over '69 Valiant cluster. I also owned a '70 Gold Duster that had the conventional wood-grain cluster with round gauges for fuel/amp/temp. My best guess is that some early 1970 Dusters got the left-over '69 Valiant clusters with the black facing and square gauges, while others (later?) versions got the wood-grain with round gauges cluster. Too many years ago, didn't take pics, but hope this helps.

I think I know what you're talking about. The 1969 Valiant had a square surround for the fuel, amp, and temp gauges. The main body of the cluster was textured black. I owned a '70 Duster that had the left-over '69 Valiant cluster. I also owned a '70 Gold Duster that had the conventional wood-grain cluster with round gauges for fuel/amp/temp. My best guess is that some early 1970 Dusters got the left-over '69 Valiant clusters with the black facing and square gauges, while others (later?) versions got the wood-grain with round gauges cluster. Too many years ago, didn't take pics, but hope this helps.
Yes that's what I meant. Thanks!!

-
Back