1970 Duster Rear seat and carpet questions

-

Freighttrain

Reaction score
First the rear seat, is there anything that holds the rear seat down other than the front 2 hooks?

Second question with the carpet, on the rear side panels above the flap that the wires tuck into there appears to be a grove with some screw holes. Is there a trim piece that would go over the carpet? Or is that where the carpet stops? It looks like it’s about 3inches below the rear side panel. If better pics are needed please let me know.

Not sure if the carpet tucks behind the 1/4 window panels or if that gets a trim piece to finish the edge. Don’t want to cut the carpet to short.

Thanks everyone

image.jpg

8941EB8E-C4DE-40A6-B611-705CD4A0DB8D.jpeg

I can tell you yes, that's the way the seat bottom hooks in. The rear of the seat bottom is held down by the seat back. As for the carpet, I do not believe that it tucks behind the side panel. And, as for a trim piece.......I doubt it, but that's just opinion.

Yes those two hooks are all that hold the rear bottom bun in.

There is a trim piece that connects to the door sill plate when then connects to the kick panel. Its a thin piece that hold the carpet.

This is how my 69 Dart is.

PXL_20221208_185748756.jpg

PXL_20221208_185839742.jpg

LOL.......So that's what those are. :BangHead: I got a set in the basket when I bought my heap.

I can tell you yes, that's the way the seat bottom hooks in. The rear of the seat bottom is held down by the seat back. As for the carpet, I do not believe that it tucks behind the side panel. And, as for a trim piece.......I doubt it, but that's just opinion.
Thank you

-
Back