1970 duster straight six to 360/727 swap HELP!

-

422cuda

Reaction score
I am helping my brother-in-law with a 1970 duster he purchased awhile back? It was originally a straight six with a 904 and the previous owner swapped it out to a 360 with a 727. It looks like he ghetto rigged some motor mounts and did be same with the transmission cross member and mount. So now it's time to make it right! I think the engine is sitting too far back because the distributor is 3/4" from the firewall and the transmission crossmember was moved back from the original holes about 1 1/2". I found the conversion motor mounts on engine-swaps.com

My questions now are:

Has anyone used these conversion motor mounts, and if so, can you give me a measurement from the firewall to the back of distributor or engine? So I can see if the engine is indeed to far back!

Can I use the original straight 6 tranny crossmember that was for a 904, or do I need a crossmember from a V8 duster that had a 727? And should the crossmember holes line up with the original holes?

That is the mounts I used on my 67 dart. Was a /6 went to a 360 with 904 trans. Did not change crossmember bolted right in hope this helps.Jim

I am helping my brother-in-law with a 1970 duster he purchased awhile back? It was originally a straight six with a 904 and the previous owner swapped it out to a 360 with a 727. It looks like he ghetto rigged some motor mounts and did be same with the transmission cross member and mount. So now it's time to make it right! I think the engine is sitting too far back because the distributor is 3/4" from the firewall and the transmission crossmember was moved back from the original holes about 1 1/2". I found the conversion motor mounts on engine-swaps.com

My questions now are:

Has anyone used these conversion motor mounts, and if so, can you give me a measurement from the firewall to the back of distributor or engine? So I can see if the engine is indeed to far back!

Can I use the original straight 6 tranny crossmember that was for a 904, or do I need a crossmember from a V8 duster that had a 727? And should the crossmember holes line up with the original holes?

you can use the original /6 cross member for either 727 or 904......

setting the transmission in the correct location will also help locate the engine in the correct spot.

-
Back