1970 duster value?

-

BLOW-DART

Reaction score
Hope this is the right place to post this. I'm not a duster guy but looking at one for sale. I don't have pictures but here goes the description. 1970 duster, slant six, auto on the colum, factory AC, motor running good with no bad sounds, converted to electronic ign, all electrical work except dome light. Four wheel drums, 7 and 1/4 rear. Fuel tank dented from floor jack looks like. Said to leak fuel out of the top of the tank when topped off. Body -quarter size cancer rust behind pasenger rear wheel well in a flat section of metal. Looks like a quick and sticky blue paint job with obvious bondo on cowl and roof, no signs of bubbles in those spots. All doors, floors, rockers are solid. Interior is complete with bench seat. Mechanically also complete including AC unit said by reputable seller to blow cold air. Stock 14 in wheels with original hub caps and good rubber all around. Door and window rubber in pretty good shape, not rotted out. Mechanically and electrically car seams very solid but the pasint job scares me as to what its really hiding under the bondo.

Looking for a high and a low. What you duster experts might pay, what you would expect to get for it if you had to sell it.

Oh and clear title on non op with no back fees, California car with white plates, not original blues

I can tell you that I paid $2500 for mine and it sounds like roughly similar condition to the one you are looking at. Here in NY, $2500 is a STEAL for a car like this. In the rest of the country, not so much.

My car has a lot going for it though. The interior is like 95% perfect, it is missing an armrest and has a tear in the seat but besides those two issues the rest of the interior looks brand new. The car only has 53,000 miles on it (52 when I bought it), and I bought it from the nephew of the original owner- who was a 53 year old woman when she bought it in 1970! She gave it to her nephew just a couple years ago and he just stored it in a garage at his business until he decided to sell it. The car came with the original sale papers and a lot of service history.

Taking all that into account, I would say that a car in similar condition, outside of NY, and without the history, should be available for under $2500.

As for my car... $2500 would not even come close to separating me from it. My cars are worth more to me than they are to anyone else.

Paint and bondo are kind of scaring me on this one. I'm thinking a high of $2500 and maybe as low as $1,000

But I will tell you this, you use to see a lot of 70-71 Dusters for sale 10 years ago and not so much anymore. Around my parts they are one of the harder cars to find especially in good shape

-
Back