1970 Duster vent tube

-

Bills70

Reaction score
can any one tell me if there is suppose to be another piece of metal tube that goes beyond the metal vent tube that is on my fill tube or is it just a rubber hose from there down and thru rubber seal?

DSC00204.JPG

on a 1970 a-body the metal tube goes all the way down to AND through the rubber to vent to the outside

on a 1970 a-body the metal tube goes all the way down to AND through the rubber to vent to the outside
so I take it that mine was cut off or is it that there is another piece that goes to the assy. and connects via a piece of hose?

The tube goes down through the floor gasket and ends "open" in the interior of the rear frame rail. Consider yourself lucky.......some 70's (CA at least) got the hated evap control nonsense

So far as cut or not my 67 is one piece, but functionally, a short length of good quality hose "for a coupler" and extend it on down

The tube goes down through the floor gasket and ends "open" in the interior of the rear frame rail. Consider yourself lucky.......some 70's (CA at least) got the hated evap control nonsense

So far as cut or not my 67 is one piece, but functionally, a short length of good quality hose "for a coupler" and extend it on down
ok! thanks for the reply!

-
Back