1970 Duster with floor stick shift

-
I will also mention that when I found my 1970 Valiant with the D13 option,information was very hard to come by.

So, I started digging. Digging & buying.

The different transmissions for the different applications, the linkages to make each one work, the shifter handles for every application, the 4 different shifter balls, etc., etc.

My goal was (and is) to make it easier to find more information about this option & the cars they were available in. So everything I have found & learned so far will be coming to The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Home Page in an article with photos sometime in 2018.

As part of this, there will be a section for photos from the owners of these cars & their stories.

It would be wonderful to publish a feature on this Duster with your dad's recollections & any vintage photos that may exist.

I do have commercial quality slide, photo & negative scanners for any type of image that may exist within your family if needed?

[QUOTE="Dadman1959]I have the original build sheet in a folder[/QUOTE]

The. You said "the".

But there may be as many as five.

Typically, cars with 5 broadcast sheets in them may have 1-3 for other cars due to how the sub-assembly lines were run. But cars have also been found with 5 sheets that match it, so it is worth it to look for more.

My Valiant had two, one in a seat & one behind the glove box liner.

Engine has been replace with another 318
Seriously, that car needs saving....! Up here in the north east that car would easily bring $3500 to $4500 from a true A body enthusiast. Please DON"T part it out or sell to some teenager that will wreck it within a week!

Back of the housing looks like this.

jra6c6.jpg

I will also mention that when I found my 1970 Valiant with the D13 option,information was very hard to come by.

So, I started digging. Digging & buying.

The different transmissions for the different applications, the linkages to make each one work, the shifter handles for every application, the 4 different shifter balls, etc., etc.

My goal was (and is) to make it easier to find more information about this option & the cars they were available in. So everything I have found & learned so far will be coming to The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Home Page in an article with photos sometime in 2018.

I happened to see this, and although it is a bit of an old thread, and maybe people already know about this recent one on eBay, right now it is possible to save a copy of some of the photos:

1970 Plymouth Duster Twister | eBay

I used to do this with 1997-1998 S10EV, a GM factory original electric version of the S10 that they made about 50 of and sold to the public with the same drivetrain as the EV1. So, years later I see on that forum a guy looking for a title for the one he bought. It turned out that six or seven years prior I had saved the auction it was in, so the new owner was able to track the other guy and get a title!

Good info there for chasing down previous owners and titles. I think the original poster is covered here though. He inherited the car from his dad so finding the title shouldn't be an issue.

Dig it Out - Clean it up - Get it drivable - Drive it --- Then decide if You really want to sell it.

My niece had it and it sat for five years
It was in mint condition when she got it
She decided to paint it and on the way back from the paint job the fiberglass timing sprocket shredded and seize the motor.
Inside needs redoing completely and restore paint job
My Dad would like to see it restored but my wife wants it gone
Engine may not be "seized" due to the nylon cam sprocket being stripped, may just
need new timing set and valves job (bent valves) from piston contact.

-
Back