-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhawkofku

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I've decided to sell the Duster that I bought when I was 12 and spent the next 7 years restoring. It's originally a white exterior, green bench seat interior, auto on the column, 318 "Gold Duster" package car. As you can see, it has not been restored that way!

Rust issues: lower quarter panels were patched and replaced as well as a few spots on the trunk floor. Floors are completely solid, doors, fenders, rest of the car is solid!

Paint/Body: the car is painted GY3 which is a 1971 color called Curious Yella, has the organsol black (not factory original organsol black) hood/fenders/doors to mimick the V29 option on 1971 Dusters, original dual hood scoops, go-wing spoiler, black vinyl top and 1970 side/tail stripes. Wheels are one of a kind in that they do not require trim rings, the outer ring of the rallye wheel has been chromed - you won't see another set like these! Bumpers are original and rechromed, has NOS front bumperettes and I have a set of used bumperettes that need to be re-chromed for the rear.

Interior: the interior has been done to 1970 340 specs with deluxe woodgrain door panels, recovered back seat and front buckets (drivers bottom has a small tear in it), brand new carpet, headliner, package tray, near NOS dash pad, new rallye dash cluster from B/E/A, original thumbwheel radio and restored tuff wheel. There is a CD player located inside the glove box that's used as the primary radio when driving - preferred something modern to the old thumbwheel AM radio.

Drivetrain: the motor is a 73 360 that has been rebuilt by Geddes Racing in Colorado Springs, puts out slightly under 500 hp (have all motor details and dyno readings available). Front end is from a 73 340 Duster and has the big bolt disc brake setup, no sway bar. Rear end is a 8 3/4 with a 3:91 sure-grip, tires are 275/55. Transmission is a 65 B-Body 4speed with a demon/duster tailhousing, works flawlessly, brand new shifter linkage, pistol grip 4 speed shifter (custom built for the Duster by Harms Automotive).

Overall, the car is a strong 8 out of 10 if I were to be honest. Paint is perfect minus a few small chips (that have been touched up) from the amount I drive the car, trunk needs to be finished painted (it's painted for the most part yellow but could use a fresh coat, if sold for my asking price i'll make sure it gets re-painted), taillight stripe needs to be replaced around the trunk lock and again, if sold for asking price i'll get that replaced with a new decal. Drivers bucket seat bottom has a small tear but isn't that noticeable. Biggest issue at the moment is the dash wiring. The gauges were sent out and restored, factory tach was rebuilt inside with modern technology to work with the MSD ignition but at the moment, nothing is hooked up so none of the gauges are currently 'working' but they all have been restored and just need to be hooked up.

I'm asking $25,000 or best offer on the car, I've got way more than that invested in this car and already know i'm going to take a loss. I'm only selling it to get out of debt and hopefully soon, get another project.

Duster is located in Colorado Springs, CO.

Attachments

• 70duster.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 800
  • 70dusterengine.JPG
    4.9 KB · Views: 772
  • 70dusterinterior.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 751
  • 70dusterhood.JPG
    3.5 KB · Views: 736
I have larger photos but everytime I try to resize them to work for the websites requirements, it's not working. Any tips on how to get them large?

I have larger photos but everytime I try to resize them to work for the websites requirements, it's not working. Any tips on how to get them large?
do you have a CL add or Ebay add with larger pics? if you do , i can post them for you. also , you might want to delete your Email address per for sale rules or this may disappear
nice duster , i thought i had the only yellow duster in the springs LOL . Geddes does great machine work

I just listed it in the Denver section of Craigslist - those photos should be larger then what I was able to post on here! Geddes does great work indeed and I'm not sure if i've seen another yellow Duster around town. Have you shown it at any of the shows?

I just listed it in the Denver section of Craigslist - those photos should be larger then what I was able to post on here! Geddes does great work indeed and I'm not sure if i've seen another yellow Duster around town. Have you shown it at any of the shows?
no i havent shown it. its an FY1 lemon twist yellow 73. i live out in Falcon. im going to post these pics for you.

here is the link

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3443509014.html

Attachments

• dusters.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 857
  • dusters1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 708
  • dusters2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 736
  • dusters3.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 707
Status