-
Status
Not open for further replies.

middleagecrisis

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I bought this old race car for the drivetrain and contemplated putting in the parts car section, but it could still be a great cheap race car for someone. 1970 (I think) Duster, 8-point roll cage, frame connectors, line-lock, Rear Spring relocation kit, B&M shifter, 3/8" fuel hardline, Weld Racing rims. All glass, roof, deck lid, floors, trunk, doors and front fenders are in relatively good shape and solid, both lower quarter rear panels are rusty. Last owner ran a BB 383 in the car and removed (see engine bay pic) the DS motor mount pad. Currently has am 8.25 non-posi (2.94) rearend in place to roll around on and would need to have spring perches relocated if used. Will also need to have the wiring gone through. No title. $2200

Duster_2.jpg
Duster_3.jpg
Duster_5.jpg
Duster_7.jpg
Duster_4.jpg
Duster_6.jpg
Duster_8.jpg

If Texas bonded title is easy. $100 plus a small fee for the bonding company. Take the paperwork to courthouse and transfer ownership. Need a bill of sale to start the process and fill in the state form.

The VIN tag was gone when I purchased the car, same as when the seller purchased 20 years ago. I haven’t been able to find a VIN on the car.

I'll throw in Hedman fenderwell headers, electric WP drive (see my ads in the and Mechanical Parts for sale) and these mounts (1/4" steel) to install a big block for the Duster asking price.

DS Mount.jpg
PS Mount.jpg

DS pic is upside down PS is correct orientation

Let me know if you decide to part out.. I am in the Boerne area and could use a few things from it.

Check here on the radiator support, Vin # should be stamped here
Duster_4.jpg

What width are the rear wheels and are they small or large bolt circle?

Rear rims are 15 x 8 large bolt pattern, front are 15 x 3 1/2 or four, also large bolt pattern.

The VIN tag was gone when I purchased the car, same as when the seller purchased 20 years ago. I haven’t been able to find a VIN on the car.
The last 8 of the VIN will be stamped on top of or the backside (radiator side) of the radiator support. Last 8 of VIN will also be stamped on the top of the speaker tray/shelf near the drivers side speaker hole. Since the VIN tag is gone, it's about a lost cause for the original VIN to be used, even though duplicates are readily available. Someone may have another Duster registered with the original VIN tag somewhere, so that would be a big stink. Too much potential there anyway for a nice race car to risk it unless you get a state issued VIN. Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back