-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwh70valiant

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am leaving for the military, and I am attempting to sell my 1970 Plymouth Valiant. It has 111,000 miles on it. The car has had three owners; the original owner did not maintain the car well. It sat for a long period of time. The previous owner told me it had sat for over ten years, but there is a vehicle inspection sticker on the windshield from 1982. So it may have sat from 1982 until 2009. Needless to say, it was in very poor shape when I bought it. It has new:

water pump
Fuel pump
oil pump
brake master cylinder
front wheel cylinders

It threw a rod a few months ago, and the bottom half of the engine was rebuilt. I have not messed with the transmission. It slips until it gets warmed up. It does not have heat. I bypassed it, and removed the heatercore. the blower motor works fine. Windshield wipers work. It also has electrical isues. The lights work, turn signals work. However, the left turn signal does not blink while the brake pedal is depressed. Probably a bad flasher. the car does not have a radio, and the previsous owner cut out the origianl radio insert on the metal dashboard. The seats are in fairly good condition, only a couple of tears on the drivers seat and one little tear on the rear seat. The front seat also seems to be out of a dart swinger. The origianl headliner is intact with no tears. Glass is all original and is not cracked, although the windshield is scratched. It does not have original carpet. The front floor pans were replaced and stabled in (looks like cheap tin). The car is painted in flat grey primer. Most of the rust is surface, but there is some rust in the trunk pan and along the rear wheel wells. the chrome door handls will need to be redone, as there is pitting. Bumpers are in good shape, though.
The stud off of bolt number six on the exhaust manifold needs replacing, as it is leaking.
The fuel and alternator gauges are the only gauges that work. The odometer works, but the speedometer does not.

Manual Steering/manual brakes
225 slant 6
Automatic

I'm looking to either sell it or keep it as a project for when I return. It has problems, but to its credit it has always started for me even on cold days. I think i have listed everything. I wish I could have done more with the car, but finances have been an issue. The car has been driven on a regular basis under my ownership. I have owned the car for 9 months.
If not for the car, there are many usable parts for another A-body.

$1000 obo

Attachments

• valiant dash.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 903
  • valiant engine.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 918
  • valiant inside.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 911
  • valiant.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 915
Any offers? I'd part it if I had a garage and the time, but since I don't, I would like to sell it whole. All offers will be considered.

If it isn't sold in a week and a half, i am going to pull it off the market and store it until August. Maybe the economy will be better by then?:-|

I would accept any offer above $400. I found a milky substance on top of the oil cap today, so it is probably heading to the junkyard next week. It still starts, runs and drives, but I don't think it would make it very far.

Attachments

• oil cap 70 valiant.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 551
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back