1970 Swinger 340 Triple Black @ Volo near Chicago

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been for sale for a VERY LOOOONG time

Interesting. I have only known about this car since Oct 2011. I saw that it was at another dealer besides Volo over a year ago. It`s a "Go Fast" car, not that that`s bad!! :burnout: Even though it does look pretty
straight and clean, I am left wondering if it has some under lying issues??

Later,Tony.

For 25K i would think someone could buy a much better car. IMO it lacks majorly on detailing. Noone took the time to take anything apart. Painted over the shocks, wiper motor, column, and filler tube in the trunk. Aftermarket radiator. Cheesy air breather. Looks like a quick job. Dont excite me all that much, but there again Im one of them #s correct resto ****. LOL!!! To each there own.

For 25K i would think someone could buy a much better car. IMO it lacks majorly on detailing. Noone took the time to take anything apart. Painted over the shocks, wiper motor, column, and filler tube in the trunk. Aftermarket radiator. Cheesy air breather. Looks like a quick job. Dont excite me all that much, but there again Im one of them #s correct resto ****. LOL!!! To each there own.
Yep, I saw the department store exhaust tips, Ripped shifter boot (because a round hole dont fit a square), Painted dash trim, Carpet is all bleached out. Im not doing any cartwheels over that car. And the steering wheel cap is from a rally wheel not that black plastic one in the car.

I looked at the car ! maybe 14000 to 15000 at the most. need about 5000 to fix it up .

Thanks guys. Damn tough trying to find a decent 70 Swinger 340-stick car.
I have checked out 4 cars up here in Canada 18K-20K range and these cars.."need work" 5-10K worth IMO. My fellow Canucks are nuts..:wack: I have to look in the states instead. That being said, I also find US cars 25K-35K that need work/finishing also (check all over the Net..you will see!!) :( Well, thanks for the input..I will keep on looking!! Later,Tony.

This seems to be the new fad. 25K should buy you a perfect 68-72 340 A body. Im seeing a lot of people trying to get top dollar for cars that are lacking the details they need to be a top dollar car. Unfortunately most times the car swill need to be completely disassembled to fix all the small things.

If the paint was done right I would say its a 10-12K car.

Looks like a hack job paint job to me, you can see the finish is terrible, secondly it isn't straight either. I have been to Volo several times, I have never once been impressed by the quality of their cars. If you knocked about 50% off a car at Volo it might be a good deal.

Thanks guys. Damn tough trying to find a decent 70 Swinger 340-stick car.
I have checked out 4 cars up here in Canada 18K-20K range and these cars.."need work" 5-10K worth IMO. My fellow Canucks are nuts..:wack: I have to look in the states instead. That being said, I also find US cars 25K-35K that need work/finishing also (check all over the Net..you will see!!) :( Well, thanks for the input..I will keep on looking!! Later,Tony.
2 yrs ago there was a 70 burnt orange 340 4 gear #s car w original fender tag and 2 build sheets @ mopar national in Carlisle that put this black car to shame. The asking price was $17K. There are descent cars out there for a reasonable price. Rite place, rite time. Volo is usually running around there buying up cars to finance to people. Ive never seen him have a good deal.

2 yrs ago there was a 70 burnt orange 340 4 gear #s car w original fender tag and 2 build sheets @ mopar national in Carlisle that put this black car to shame. The asking price was $17K. There are descent cars out there for a reasonable price. Rite place, rite time. Volo is usually running around there buying up cars to finance to people. Ive never seen him have a good deal.

And you know..I would lay down 17K then and 18-20K now for a car like that. When I first started looking in October, I said o.k..15-20K I should be good to go. Looked at 2 Canuck cars for example, one appraised at 27k another at 25K.
The selling $ in my opinion, low teens as far as the work required to get them up to snuff. I will keep on looking. You boys have been great with the support!! =D> Thanks again!! Later,Tony.

I should have known,...as soon as I saw Volo, I thought,...here is another overpriced example of a trailer queen for the masses,... not for those of us who just plain love our Mopars and love to drive em.

I should have known,...as soon as I saw Volo, I thought,...here is another overpriced example of a trailer queen for the masses,... not for those of us who just plain love our Mopars and love to drive em.

I never looked at it as a trailer queen, but for 25K it should be close..right? :confused: Later,Tony.

Now here is a real one!

Attachments

• DSC_1533 (Small).JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC_1535 (Small).JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC_1556 (Small).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC_1557 (Small).JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 581
  • DSC_1587 (Small).JPG
    87 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC_1597 (Small).JPG
    77 KB · Views: 571
Of all the pictures there not one that showed the undercarriage. If I was thinking about that car the first thing I'd want is up on a lift for inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back