Not open for further replies.

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I'm about to do bad things to the one I cannot get off of my car. Shipping will be to 06484. Let me know what you've got. Thanks

You can not get the timing cover off?!?!
Did you get the two oil pan bolts on the bottom off?
If so, and ALL the bolts are taken off, a flat tip screw driver and small hammer to separate the cover from the block will do it.

You can not get the timing cover off?!?!
Did you get the two oil pan bolts on the bottom off?
If so, and ALL the bolts are taken off, a flat tip screw driver and small hammer to separate the cover from the block will do it.
The problem is I have one of the water pump bolts frozen inside the timing cover. Right now I have all the water pump bolts out and I can move the pump but the bolt does not move. This has happened to me before on my previous 340 Duster and I got the cover off but never got the bolt out of the cover,

Where are the numbers I've got a cover in good shape
Not sure what numbers your asking for.....The engine is a 70 340 with timing marks on the drivers side. My zip is 06484 if thats what your asking. I got the bolt out and have to check out the cover when I get it totally out tomorrow. I had to go out and celebrate after I got the bolt out. What is your number as in price if I do need it. Thanks

OMG.... I hate when that crap happens!
Considering you said it was time to celebrate ... I'm guessing you "worked" it out. I was thinking if it were a super bad issue, cut the bolt head off. Then you could possibly get it off with sliding it and then work the remaining stuff out of the block.

Glad such is not the case.

Here

0814161227.jpg

Thanks for the offer CP but after I cleaned up mine I saw I had no damage to it. Cleaned the crap out of it today for a while and it now has a few coats of hemi orange and its ready to go back in. New chain is in place so hopefully it will be back on the car soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back