1971 , 198 slant vacuum hose

-
What about breather ? They usually go to air filter housing and not vacuum . It's hardly any vacuum inside of stock air filter but slightly what do guys do who don't use those air filter ? My breather sucks real hard if not plugged off . Like 18-22" hard and motor won't run with it open. Should breather be sucking that much ? When not even hooked to anything ?

E8B9F362-96FD-424F-8912-A0C978890499.png

What about these older models ? Was the " oil fill " also the breather ? And the back hole used for the pcv ?

71 didn't have canister yet. And love it if someone educated says get ride it if it I will . That diagram doesn't match my stock set up at all . I appreciate you all though .

Someone educated ? WTF ?
I just told you what it was.
Its to vent the fumes from the carb. Early emissions bs.
Yours is just hooked up somewhere else.
Why even try, if you are going to insult us ?

Someone educated ? WTF ?
I just told you what it was.
Its to vent the fumes from the carb. Early emissions bs.
Yours is just hooked up somewhere else.
Why even try, if you are going to insult us ?
? What are you talking about ? 1 you weren't listening to me over and over saying it wasn't the pcv or vacuum advance . To point where it's like you were treating me like I was stupid actually . And also I wasnt insulting you or anyone it was if anything saying anyone/ someone more educated on these share what this thing is because I'm not and can't figure it out . I liked Youre comment and even says " love it " and thrilled it can get rid of it . I don't even see where you'd think it was insult . A run on sentence maybe .

? What are you talking about ? 1 you weren't listening to me over and over saying it wasn't the pcv or vacuum advance . To point where it's like you were treating me like I was stupid actually . And also I wasnt insulting you or anyone it was if anything saying anyone/ someone more educated on these share what this thing is because I'm not and can't figure it out . I liked Youre comment and even says " love it " and thrilled it can get rid of it . I don't even see where you'd think it was insult . A run on sentence maybe .

Its called process of elimination. Look it up.

I looked up your posts, turns out you are a pain in the ***.

Hook it up to your power brakes.

Last edited:

I think you are . I don't have power brakes. You were one being crappy not me. But I do get sick of guys like you answering posts with other questions or facts that has nothing to do with what I'm asking or saying same thing over and over like it's my vacuum advance or my pcv. When I said over and over it wasn't .

Not one photo or diagram on the Internet or this forum showed what that line or described what it was for , or even shows it in anyone's picture I couldn't find . I asked the one site that someone might know.

The answer is right in front of you grasshopper.
You just didn't want to accept it.
I wish you luck.

Not one photo or diagram on the Internet or this forum showed what that line or described what it was for , or even shows it in anyone's picture I couldn't find . I asked the one site that someone might know.
Download the service manual for a 1970 plymouth, from mymopar.com page 0-15 (lubrication section) Fig 28 shows the hose/line you are asking about.

Some models used a special fuel pump bolt that had a hose barb made onto it. The hose in question would have attached to that, so as to vent crankcase vapors back into the block. We need good pictures of the fuel pump and bolts so we can tell.

It is in the factory service manual

Alan

You seemed to agree with the diagram Alan posted. That picture shows the carburetor float bowl vent. So, yeah.
I agreed from al newer post 39 because it shows my exact set up and year . #24 or any of post before was still just guessing but I did say " love it when it was said it was just a vent and could get rid of it . But no post or photo or diagram had been shown until post 39 . Which I had googled for hours trying to find anything with my set up and found nothing.

I agreed from al newer post 39 because it shows my exact set up and year . #24 or any of post before was still just guessing but I did say " love it when it was said it was just a vent and could get rid of it . But no post or photo or diagram had been shown until post 39 . Which I had googled for hours trying to find anything with my set up and found nothing.
Regardless of the year, that hose IS a float bowl vent. The difference in year only affects WHERE the hose terminates on the other end of the carburetor. The early version (yours) goes into the the fuel pump area and into the crankcase. The later version goes to the charcoal canister. It's STILL the float bowl vent. It simply vents to a different location early versus late.

Regardless of the year, that hose IS a float bowl vent. The difference in year only affects WHERE the hose terminates on the other end of the carburetor. The early version (yours) goes into the the fuel pump area and into the crankcase. The later version goes to the charcoal canister. It's STILL the float bowl vent. It simply vents to a different location early versus late.
I believe you but come on man post 24 didn't show my set up or my carb or nearly nothing about my machine lol . So different carb things are not the same hook up .

I believe you but come on man post 24 didn't show my set up or my carb or nearly nothing about my machine lol . So different carb things are not the same hook up .
ok, so it's a little different. But SAME theory, just a later version. The float bowl vent simply routes to the charcoal canister in later years. Look at post #46. That is your fuel pump.

My post #18 and #35

-
Back