1971 340/422 black bad boy 2

-

badlilred79

badred360
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
this is what i ve been working on , i hope it turns out better than the red duster . true 71 340 duster b3 blue black inside buckets p.s. pdb console light group but now black red inside 422 small block dana 60 and alot of chrome . what do you guys think , going to put a red stripe on her its got scoops 71 wing

Attachments

• IMG_5926.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_5928.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 750
  • IMG_5927_1.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_5948.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_5949.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_5947.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_5950.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 723
  • IMG_5944.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 767
  • IMG_5945.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_5946.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 741
Man, that car is gonna be sweet. So glad to see you back to work on another one. Some of the best Duster rehab's in the country come out of your shop. :thumbrig:

Looks good Mike! Is that the motor that came out of the Duster you went four wheelin down the mountain in? I'm looking forward to seeing this one at a show. Hope you get it done by Farmington. :prayer:

What do I think :coffee2: Wowza badlilred :cheers: I had to find a pair of sun glasses so I could get a better look at your engine :glasses7: did you do the prep on that black Duster ? looks outstanding :color:

what do you guys think you asked SOOOOOOOOOOO as I like cars plain and simple way to much shinny stuff and overkill on the red interior but again that's me I prefer plane Jane but I'm sure it will be killer for those that like that stuff if everyone did the same thing it would be boring

It's pretty, I can't argue that but... In some cases pretty isn't best.
I don't know if that timing cover is polished aluminum or if it has been chrome plated.
I haven't had personal experience with them either. From what I have read over the years, the chrome plated timing covers leak everything everywhere. Considering how the chromed water necks leak, why wouldn't a chrome timing cover do the same ?
If there isn't any plating on the mating surfaces, no worries. If there is chrome plating on the mating surfaces, good luck with it.

It's pretty, I can't argue that but... In some cases pretty isn't best.
I don't know if that timing cover is polished aluminum or if it has been chrome plated.
I haven't had personal experience with them either. From what I have read over the years, the chrome plated timing covers leak everything everywhere. Considering how the chromed water necks leak, why wouldn't a chrome timing cover do the same ?
If there isn't any plating on the mating surfaces, no worries. If there is chrome plating on the mating surfaces, good luck with it.

well the chrome stuff is triple plated the gasket part is not plated the water neck is billet alum that we just polished it out factory ones most are alum. holley fuel pump , water pump is prw racing one they higly polish out tti c5 headers pulleys are mopar triple plated chrome motor mounts are mopar triple plated, no the wreck car went to another guy he got itfrom the wrecker company this is a 69 340 block 4inch callie crank , eagle h'beam rods diamond pistons comp cam, milodon gear drive, main bearing girdle kit , arp engine fasteners milodon pan and windage tray edelbrock rpm heads crane adj rocker arm airgap intake done in durshine all the ignition is going to be msd stuff msd pro billet dist, 8.5 superconductor wires ballastercoil motor is all polish inside oil passage are enlarge trans is 904 case 2.76 low gear , 5 clutch pack , bolt in sprag , turboaction j converter mopar new triple plated deep pan turbo action rev.valve body all redline clutch and kelvor bands rear dana 60 4.10 gear brakes 4 wheel disc brakes willwood just going to be a cruiser, i just like my chrome for the color comb i had it done in black but there was 9 duster last year at the shows black /black/ and black stripe so i change mine to black /red/ red stripe i just want to be differ ,like i dont like the black wheels but alot of folks think thats the stuff , thats makes the world go around . top and bottom of the car is slick all new ........everything trying to get her done the red one needs a sister /or brother lol thanks guys trying figure what rims i am putting on

trying to get her done the red one needs a sister /or brother lol thanks guys trying figure what rims i am putting on

the wheels are definitely going make that bad *****. it is a tough choice there for me to picture trying to be different. im all about old school and using 15" wheels, but I think in this case a 17" would look great. the torque thrust style is so overdone in my opinion. I would like to know what you have in mind though. very nicely done , as are all your rides :burnout:

the wheels are definitely going make that bad *****. it is a tough choice there for me to picture trying to be different. im all about old school and using 15" wheels, but I think in this case a 17" would look great. the torque thrust style is so overdone in my opinion. I would like to know what you have in mind though. very nicely done , as are all your rides :burnout:

the wheels i am looking at are the centerlines(revolution) front 15x3.5 rear 15x9 or the billet specialties street lite front 15x3.5 rears 15x9 me like to be differ i was going with the billet wheels and i think everyone went with them but the revolution wheels i laid eyes on them and my mind said thats the wheels tell me what u think

Attachments

• IMG_5951.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_5953.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 628
the street lites look great, I think the revolution looks too pro-stockish , but they may look good on the car. im not sure what kind of look you shooting for, but I kind of like these Billet Specialties DC895800435N - Billet Specialties Vintec Dish Series Polished Wheels but they show one picture for every backspace so its hard to really know if they look good. im glad you are looking at a 15" wheel , that is very cool. it doesn't really matter what wheel you use it will look killer

Mike,

looks like another trophy winner.....I better stock up on paper plates and sharpies.

goona park with us boys at the Nats?.....we really don't care how shiney your car is ....because YOU, my crazy friend, are the trophy winner.

just can't stay away from that red interior, eh? ....whats wrong with us?

Denny

Mike,

looks like another trophy winner.....I better stock up on paper plates and sharpies.

goona park with us boys at the Nats?.....we really don't care how shiney your car is ....because YOU, my crazy friend, are the trophy winner.

just can't stay away from that red interior, eh? ....whats wrong with us?

Denny
yes i'll be there if i can park beside your car undre the tent, red interior is just bad *** the next one going white interior i hope i get a larger plate imean trophy this year thats best on i got lol did u see the oldred in mopar muscle maginze

Attachments

• IMG_5955.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 583
this is what i ve been working on , i hope it turns out better than the red duster . true 71 340 duster b3 blue black inside buckets p.s. pdb console light group but now black red inside 422 small block dana 60 and alot of chrome . what do you guys think , going to put a red stripe on her its got scoops 71 wing

we also purchase new tinted glass all the way around side front back all of it from amd and it fit great no problems makes one look day and night differ

yes i'll be there if i can park beside your car undre the tent, red interior is just bad *** the next one going white interior i hope i get a larger plate imean trophy this year thats best on i got lol did u see the oldred in mopar muscle maginze

Hell yes I saw it....and on U tube....I tell everyone we are buds....but they don't believe me.

Hell yes I saw it....and on U tube....I tell everyone we are buds....but they don't believe me.

Black and red is very popular .................The Demon is Black and red also

Very nice Mike!

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 551
-
Back